Pizza hut

On one of our last days of this trip, we went to see an English movie in a big theater.

It was on the 7th or 8th floor of a shopping mall in Guz. The theater was very modern and the movie in English with Chinese subtitle. (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) In this theater they actually assign you seats for the movie. For once I found a place in China that was not crowed... lol only about 6 people in the place

Then, since she had never had Pizza we decided to go to Pizza Hut. Everyone in the place was trying to eat pizza with a knife and fork. Thought this is great, their turn to drop food in a crowed restaurant... Yafei started to use her knife and fork and I told her no need. “Its finger food baby” So after watching me she picked it up and ate it like me “Caveman style”. I told her “If there is one thing I know it’s how to eat PIZZA”

Regards,

Jim

Edited by jimglot (see edit history)
What surprised me most was that in the areas I visited KFC was king!  the Chinese seemed to love their KFC.  Franchises are in high demand.

I think Jenny will be disappointed with US KFC's. Not near as nice, nor do they have the food variety.

146774[/snapback]

Yeah, my SO thought Italian food was Pizza Hut. Gots to educate her before she meets Mamma Riggio

What surprised me most was that in the areas I visited KFC was king!  the Chinese seemed to love their KFC.  Franchises are in high demand.

I think Jenny will be disappointed with US KFC's. Not near as nice, nor do they have the food variety.

146774[/snapback]

I ate in A KFC in Nanning and Guangzhou Chichen pieces are to small. Anyone eat in the western style Buffet in Nanning where they walked around with the Roast Beef and other types of meat on a skewer and cut it off for you at your table. Oh Yes Forks and Knifes on the table too no Chopsticks.

146774[/snapback]

KFC delivers where my SO lives. She and daughter just love it! :D

Zhi Xian can't stand KFC or McDonalds, I think it's because of our trip to Australia a couple of years ago. We took an RV (caravan they call it) up the coast from Sidney to Cairns, and for about 4 days straight all you could get was fish and chips and roasted chicken. I remember her eating roasted chicken 4 meals straight.

So, she intensly dislikes deep fried foods, and won't let me touch it. Probably a good thing in long run. Pizza Hut here in Donggaun only arrived about 4 months ago, before we had several very good italian restaurants making pizza one using wood fired oven, poolside in a garden setting.

The bit with the meat on the skewer is the Brazilian Charasco that has become very popular here for some reason. Several of those restaurants open.

New place opening up across the street from the apartment complex, we can't figure out what type of cuisine it is, not Cantonese, and the sign reads somethign about "traveler's rest stop" so it holds no clue to the food.

Can't wait to try it.

Bob and Nicole

On one of our last days of this trip, we went to see an English movie in a big theater.

It was on the 7th or 8th floor of a shopping mall in Guz. The theater was very modern and the movie in English with Chinese subtitle. (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) In this theater they actually assign you seats for the movie. For once I found a place in China that was not crowed... lol only about 6 people in the place

Then, since she had never had Pizza we decided to go to Pizza Hut. Everyone in the place was trying to eat pizza with a knife and fork. Thought this is great, their turn to drop food in a crowed restaurant... Yafei started to use her knife and fork and I told her no need. “Its finger food baby” So after watching me she picked it up and ate it like me “Caveman style”. I told her “If there is one thing I know it’s how to eat PIZZA”

Regards,

Jim

146726[/snapback]

Great anecdote Jim!... :D

fork and knife or finger food

all depends if the pizza is ny style or cardboard crust.....

im getting hungry :rolleyes:

147105[/snapback]

Chicago Deep Pan Pizza.......Gino's East!!! Now, that is knife and Fork pizza. Trigg, bring some down when you come to Orlando for the East Coast Shindig, (thinking positive)!!. I'll have some 'Old Style' and 'Hamms' beer for ya!! Do they even make those beers anymore?

we hit a pizza hut in beijing and my girl orders corn on the pizza :blink:

ive heard of alot of stuff on a pizza but corn was not one of them...

gotta love it!!

147294[/snapback]

Really!!!! Corn on Pizza!!!! When she gets to Orlando, gots to get her the REAL DEAL. Well, maybe she's going for the eye/color appeal. So, as a professional that is a must in todays haute cuisine and certainly by definition, corn on pizza would be classified as haute cuisine. Hmmm, I change my mind, Maybe she teaching me something......Bravo to her and Buon Appetito!! :rolleyes: