Information to include in Medical Envelope

Last night I was thinking that if the sealed medical envelope is given at the consulate on the morning of the interview, and it is the last set of documents that the VO has to review before the actual interview, then I thought that maybe the more information we can include in the envelope the better.

Anyone have any comments?

I figured that if the VO usually makes up his or her mind most of the time before actually meeting for the interview, then if there is any questions or concerns we could address before then, the better.

But I wonder if the medical staff would accept things such as letters from her parents, or letters from my mother, or other evidences of relationship or financial support, so i'm curious what other people thought who have already gone through the process.

Thanks

WuLongTea

Edited by wulongtea (see edit history)
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only info included in the sealed package are the forms that are listed on the OF-171. I read that somewhere not too long ago. It may be on the consulate's website.

But pictures, letters, etc. are the responsibility of the applicant and they may or may not include the I-134 in the sealed package.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I asked Moon about this in June and again today. Moon told me at that time that 001 said "give the hospital the I-134" I said "no, they don't want it." They did not ask for my 134. The hospital worker will use the P-4 checklist and will only collect those papers that are listed on the checklist.

By the way, your SO must have her passport and her Interview letter to show them at the hospital.

i have an attorney and he is sending my so with a package including all the docs like the I-129 and the copy of my passport, etc.

he doesnt always seem to know as much as everyone on here so i am going with your info.

what i understand now is that the only thing you need to take is the stuff they ask for in the P4.

the DS230 and the I-129 isnt needed-altho the attorney has included it.

I have never heard of the I-129 being asked for or needed at the interveiw stage. Now the DS-230 part one needs to be given at the interveiw. Are you confusing the DS-230 with the G-325 that was filled out with the I-129?

I have never heard of the I-129 being asked for or needed at the interveiw stage. Now the DS-230 part one needs to be given at the interveiw. Are you confusing the DS-230 with the G-325 that was filled out with the I-129?

146334[/snapback]

things are getting a little bit confusing. the DS 230 was not one of the forms in the P4 i believe. the attorney has had it filled out for a while and is in the folder my so is taking to the medical exam.

the only other thing i am worried about is the attorney also said we only need the 156 and 157 in english.

if i emailed guangzhou and asked them if i could clarify all of this altho they are not very consistent.

i'm leaving china tomorrow and now i'm feeling like this stuff isnt done

I am sorry the DS-230 was sent back after she received package three, and when we filled out the 156 and 157 we did them in both chinese and english. take some blank forms with you. The people who put the package together at the hospital are very helpfull and will tell you if you are missing something.

My original question was more intended to ask if anyone thought it would be helpful to include more than what is request in the medical envelop, rather than trying to only put the minimum required.

My thinking was, on the day of the interview, before meeting with my fiancee, this is the last set of papers the VO will open and review. So I thought, if we could over stuff it with anything that might help them already lean to giving the visa, then the better right?

If the VO's mind is usually 90% already decided that they will grant the visa or not before even meeting my fiancee, and if the interview only has 5 minute to change or confirm that impression, it would be best to already have a solid foundation for granting the visa.

Thinking it is best to leave as few questions opened, and so hopefully the interview is just a simple signature signing ceremony.

I think that the people at the Medical clinics that put together the package do so from instructions given to them by the consulate. Not that you can't try, but I dont think that they would let you pack it with what ever you want.

I emailed the Consulate at one point before the interview and asked if i could send them some updated documents and they replied to bring them to the interveiw.

I agree that the decision is made before hand and they will just ask a few basic questions if they are satisfied with what they have. If they feel the need for more information then they will ask for it. We took the "kitchen sink" approach and she had two bags full of original documents, NOA's, divorce papers, Custody papers, phone logs, pictures, letters, GUZ emails, ......everthing we had.

So that is what you want to pack full, so that if asked for she will have readily available to give them.

For their interview she was asked when we each went through our divorces and for the letter from my employer...that's it. But they saw the two bags of stuff she brought. They asked my new son nothing.

So for the basic answer..I don't think they will let you put extra things in the Medical packet.

Thanks,

We are also taking the kitchen sink approach. She will have everything I have read that was ever asked for, in duplicate, triplicate, and anything else I could think of. Basically my whole life, as well as our documented relationship.

Just hope she can carry it all in and out! ;)