what chinese customs allows?

I'll expand this question...what's other good "American" stuff to bring?

I think US candy is terrible (to sweet) most foods are bad (too much sugar) and other stuff is just plain nasty or bland.  Americans know how to barbecue well...and that's about it...

What I like to eat I usually pick up at the Southeast Asian or Korean markets around here.  Also the Ukrainian grocery down the street or the German deli by work.

On another note about getting things "stashed", my grandmother used to sneak packed hams and cheese and wine bottles and coffee and such into our luggage when we would come back from Germany.  The US customs agents don't really have much of a sense of humour about these sorts of things.

The biggest complaint I had about my last trip to China was the harassment I got from US customs (Minneapolis).  Hopefully San Fran will be nicer about that.

146760[/snapback]

ahhh yes, we Americans love our bbq's and we do it well. Therefore, I am working on how to get a grill and charcoal pass the Chinese Custom Officers :P :o

146762[/snapback]

You couldn't find a grill or charcoal in China :lol:

Every evening there were vendors on the streets grilling sticks of meat. Oh the lamb skewers were good :P

I'll expand this question...what's other good "American" stuff to bring?

I think US candy is terrible (to sweet) most foods are bad (too much sugar) and other stuff is just plain nasty or bland.  Americans know how to barbecue well...and that's about it...

What I like to eat I usually pick up at the Southeast Asian or Korean markets around here.  Also the Ukrainian grocery down the street or the German deli by work.

On another note about getting things "stashed", my grandmother used to sneak packed hams and cheese and wine bottles and coffee and such into our luggage when we would come back from Germany.  The US customs agents don't really have much of a sense of humour about these sorts of things.

The biggest complaint I had about my last trip to China was the harassment I got from US customs (Minneapolis).  Hopefully San Fran will be nicer about that.

146760[/snapback]

ahhh yes, we Americans love our bbq's and we do it well. Therefore, I am working on how to get a grill and charcoal pass the Chinese Custom Officers :blink: :P

146762[/snapback]

You couldn't find a grill or charcoal in China :rolleyes:

Every evening there were vendors on the streets grilling sticks of meat. Oh the lamb skewers were good :P

147130[/snapback]

Yeah true BBQ all over the street..........But what an American can do with a Weber....... mmmmmmmmmm :D :P