bringing evidence to interview

Because of the small glass slot, as Steve points out, a few people have shared their experience in 'preparing the paperwork'..

Q.1.8 How should I prepare all the paperwork?

A.1.8.1

1. Because there is a glass separating the VO from the applicant with a trough to pass thru paperwork, similar to the teller windows at many U.S. banks. Something rigid like a 1" or larger ring binder will not pass thru.

2. There is only about 5 minutes allotted for each interview. It would take to much time for my SO to find and remove the specific document from the large binder.

A.1.8.2

We have decided to use 9 opaque plastic envelopes.

Each is color coded, labeled, and flexible enough to pass thru the window. Envelope contents:

#1 FORMS: All 797's (originals), Copy of original 129 package, all forms.

#2 SO's Doc?s Translated and notarized Chinese birth, marriage and police docs.

#3 My certified divorce papers from prior marriage.

#4 I-134, tax returns 2002-2004, letters from bank, bank statements 1/2004 to present, ING direct and Emigrant direct statements. Certified company ownership doc's, Certified company profit/loss statement, Certified statement of assets, Real estate purchase documents.

#5 Phone records, letters, Emails, Yahoo Chat, MSN Chat.

#6 Wedding pictures

#7 Pictures with family and friends

#8 All boarding passes and receipts from prior visits.

#9 Video tape of conversation between SO and myself

A.1.8.3

I made up the documentation folder for my sister-in-law?s interview using a see-through plastic, backpack-style holder which had 5 plastic letter folders inside which were labeled and easy to extract singly as required.

Contents:

(3) spiral bound, computer produced, photo albums with captions, one for each visit to China, pictures of "together" and family.

Green folder: I-134 with all supporting documents bound with acco-fastener at top.

....................Some additional financial docs: several paycheck stubs, utility bills, cable bills.

Blue folder: Affidavit of Communication (because she can't speak good English). Notarized

..................History of Relationship. Notarized

..................Certified copy of Petitioner's complete passport.

Red folder: Long distance phone bills/records.

.................Airplane boarding passes, ticket stubs from China trips.

.................Sample of e-mails from her.

.................Sample of e-mails from him.

.................Sample logs from MSN chats.

.................Sample e-card printouts.

.................Postcards/Letters sent to each other including the envelopes.

Yellow folder: Copy of original I-129 fiancée visa application, including original documents: birth certificates, divorce certificates, etc.

Pink folder: Copies of submitted P3 and P4 documents.

They generaly don't keep any pictures. Actually when my wife picked up their visas they gave here a zip lock bag with a bunch of originals in it, pictures, phone bills, phone cards, pay stubs...from the I-129 :D

the most important thing to receive from GUZ is the visa!!! and if you get your stuff back in addition,that is a plus..... :unsure:

This is extremely practical approach.. the only reason I would not do this is because a computer printed photo can be edited...

I don't think anyone would question (or question less so) an original photo as being edited...

146465[/snapback]

Hmmm .... I haven't taken a photo using film in years. I suppose people might think of a digital photo printed on photo paper of a conventional snapshot size as an "original", of course it's no more an original than one printed on paper. But ... point taken.

Why not just use a publishing program and put a series of scanned or digital photos, with labels on a few pages?  Print it using a color laser or good inkjet on plain paper and you have a reasonable quality collection of totally expendable photos.

146448[/snapback]

I'm with Jim - use photo-quality paper, and it looks exactly like a real "original" photo, which of course it is.

good point in return !! I think your method has been used by others..

Some feel that the date stamp that gets printed on photo (back or front) is important.

As well, when the passport photos are provided at I-129F and even for medical, etc.. they should always have the persons name written on the back.

So, in the case of photos, one could follow that method as well.