Does anybody have any personal experience with....

This may be the single most important (and difficult) advice to follow... as happy as our SO will be and wanting to share it,  it is best to not let others know outside of family and trusted friends.

146080[/snapback]

Sad that this is true. My SO posted her interview date on 001 and another woman emailed her saying that she had same interview date and asked for her phone number. After giving it out, Jenny has had several sleepless nights worrying about this person.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the single most important (and difficult) advice to follow... as happy as our SO will be and wanting to share it,  it is best to not let others know outside of family and trusted friends.

146080[/snapback]

Sad that this is true. My SO posted her interview date on 001 and another woman emailed her saying that she had same interview date and asked for her phone number. After giving it out, Jenny has had several sleepless nights worrying about this person.

146093[/snapback]

Is she staying at the same hotel ? :ph34r:

Third party correspondence is one of the most difficult things to overcome if you are given a denial because of it. The consulate won't reveal who sent it or even what it says. Usually it takes congressional or legal intervention to even find out it has occurred. In Nanning there is an extortion group who has been known to threaten women with TPC if outrageous sums of money aren't paid. One would think that the consulate is aware of the scam and would grant you some leeway in proving your case but so far from the few cases of TPC I have heard about that doesn't seem to be the case. Best advice for those starting the process has already been given. Don't tell anyone that doesn't need to know that you are marrying an American.

146080[/snapback]

146093[/snapback]

Is she staying at the same hotel ? :ph34r:

146094[/snapback]

not aware that she is

what happened when they met? did it get squared away?

King's advice continues to be consistently good. Good lawyers first anticipate the worst case scenario that the client can expect from the opposition...

(call me cynical, but PLEASE! in this life, always give me a cynical lawyer like King!) ----yes, if you are going to record the conversation, expect the same!

In this case, as in many others like it in China, there is a certain combination of desperation and jealousy associated with our SO's PRECEIVED material improvement by coming to America.

Since confidentiality is a major factor in my line of work, I naturally advised Fei not to tell anyone of our plans early on (she didn't throught the usual route, work etc..) But some of you may remember the "Storming of the Consulate" posts... Went on and on, and was stoked by a very jealous member of 001....

..... I am pleased to report that there were no repercusions to those who stood by Fei in that GZ group ---- of those that she kept in touch with, ALL are now safely in the US..

But I do think that there should be some place at the top of the advice that we place on this web site to newbies:

TELL YOUR SO THAT HE/SHE MUST HOLD THE VISA CARD CLOSE TO THE CHEST!!!!!! STRICTLY A "NEED TO KNOW" BASIS!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a funny thing that happened to me... I received an un-specified email ending with 001.com.cn not to long ago. The email pretty much encouraged me to re-think my decisions but did not get into specifics about my SO or myself... It was pretty generic and not degrading.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! :P