NVC COMPLETED OUR FILE!

I found out friday that the nvc completed out file! what is next?

do they send anything else to me? do they send it to the hong kong consulate ( we were married in hk).

how long after the consulate receives our file does it take to tell us our interview date?'

are there more papers for my wife to fill out?

I found out friday that the nvc completed out file! what is next?

do they send anything else to me? do they send it to the hong kong consulate ( we were married in hk).

how long after the consulate receives our file does it take to tell us our interview date?'

are there more papers for my wife to fill out?

144748[/snapback]

:blink: :) Congratulations on completing this phase of the process. :P :P

If you are Cr-1...your petition is sent to GUZ. If K-3....it is sent to H.K.

Rich

As far as times go.. once sent to a post... GUZ is probably 5+ months for interview; HK is probably 2.5 - 3 months, based on below example HK timeline in the FAQ.

Q.1.11 How about posts other than mainland China?

A.1.11.1

If you are married in HK, you will file your I-130 petition in the US to the appropriate Visa Center. Once your NOA1 is received, you may file the I-129F petition. If you pursue the CR1 visa, then your application will be forwarded to Guangzhou. If you pursue the K3 visa, then your application will be forwarded to Hong Kong… saving about three months.

A.1.11.2

If the K-3 interview is scheduled before the CR-1, it will be in HK. If the I-130 is first, it will be in GZ. Since they are different issuing posts, the I-130 will not automatically cancel out the K-3.

A.1.11.3

Anyone can get married in HK...just need a passport. HK doesn't care where you are from. HK is very efficient. 3 months P3 to Visa in hand. Makes 9 months overall for the K-3.

A.1.11.4

Sample filing for K3 for HK, time will vary in US based on Visa Center:

** I-129F **

submitted-----------------9/28/04

NOA1-----------------------10/12/04

NOA2-----------------------4/29/05

Sent to consulate (HK)--------5/8/2005 (HK not GZ)

P-3 from Consulate------5/20/2005

Returned P-3--------------5/31/2005

Called DOS-----------------6/8/2005

P-4 received---------------6/18/2005

Interview-------------------7/20/2005 (In HK)

Passed!---------------------7/20/2005

Visa in Hand-----------------7/21/2005

More info:

Hong Kong Marriages

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/bdmreg_4.htm

next big step will be the interview!! and of course the misc.... paperwork

we are doing the CR-1 visa and when i called the NVC the 24 status line said our file was proccessed and aproved and was sent to the kong kong consulate on aug.09th and to contact them for further questions on our case.

our case is a little different my wife is a filipina that was working and living in hong kong. we got married in hong kong june 20 2004 we have known each other for 3 years.

she is now back in the philippines visitting with her family and waiting to get the interview date.

we a re wondering how much longer we have to wait and what else does she need to fill out.

everything is paid for ( fees for visa and paperwork) and approved we just dont know when she woll get her interview date and what other paperwork she will have to.

i understand the she will get her medical and her police backround check in hong kong.