Going to Washington

it seems that there are some people on this board who are willing to make the trip to Washington to meet with Harty.

first, let me applaud you for your dedication!

such a meeting would be important for everyone here. but for whatever reason, some people would not be able to participate in such a meeting. yet i think we all need to support the people who go.

of course, the most difficult part of this whole enterprise is actually getting in the appointment book. harty, no doubt, is very busy. that's why i want to make a proposal.

one of the reasons i think r. adams responded to owen and mick was because he was suddenly flooded with emails and faxes from members of this board that voiced support for owen and mick and asked that he meet with them. why dont we try the same thing for harty?

would people be willing to do this?

I sent Assistant Secretary Harty a letter by fax/FEDEX last Saturday, January 25, requesting a meeting either with her, or with someone in her office who has authority to speak on her behalf. No response. I plan to do so again today. If anyone wants to send letters requesting that she see me, I would obviously be thrilled. You may e-mail, or PM me if you need my name.

It is also my understanding that Skibum has made the same request, through his Senator's office.

skibum and angry texan,

would you be willing/able to go together? i think this would be better. your more likely to get one meeting (rather than 2); you could be a 'united front'; and all of us could write one fax supporting both of you.

would you mind posting your full names on this board like owen and mick did, to facilitate the process? then we could write up a sample letter and pin it.

Like I told people, I am in the process of moving to the DC area. (I must be insane, because I am gambling on not having to move back to China within a few months). Hopefully, I will have an apartment within a couple of weeks. My job location will be not far from capitol hill. Of course, if I am settled in (or even if I am not) I will be more than willing to visit the visa office with other people.

Just in case anyone is curious, no, I will not be working for a congressperson or anyone will pull in the gvt.... (as far as I can tell)

Hell, I might end up spending my lunch breaks screaming at the visa office from the street, wearing a sandwich board sign... but its a bit early to say.

Please contact me if there are any plans to visit the DC area.