Maybe most of the folks here already know this, but just to inform the ones who dont.. one difference I noted in CR-1 vs. K-1 is that my wife was here only 3 weeks and already received her green card. Yup, should have seen the look on her face when she saw she was a permanent resident already. Of course, we need to get the 10 year card, but we dont have any appointments to make, fees to pay, paperwork to file to get her 2 year card.

CR-1 might be a bit longer, but I think it was worth it. Now she does too.

Have a great day all.

:D

You need to interview in GZ again for the 10 year card. That's what squeaky's doing.

The way I feel right now, there is nothing worth CR-1 or K3. K1 is the only way that I would reccommend to anyone interested in playing this game.

144496[/snapback]

We're only a couple of weeks behind you (if they can manage to open her letter), even though we started (K-1) in February.

Best of luck - and hoping we can both catch the next wave

I think the decision should be based on a combination of factors and not everyone will have the same outcome. If I could do it over, through VSC, I think that I would seriously consider CR1.

In the end, my SO demonstrated to me tremendous patience and rarely questioned issues. Our constant communication was part of helping each other endure the ups and downs.

And the other, for better or worse, was maybe as Gene jokingly pointed out in another thread, her lack of contact with other chinese ladies in the process actually was a help. She basically only listened to me and was not pulled around by discussions, rumors, or idle talk.

I know some other ladies like to be involved and online, etc.. I think each couple needs to decide what works best for them and stick to the plan and support each other.

You need to interview in GZ again for the 10 year card. That's what squeaky's doing.

The way I feel right now, there is nothing worth CR-1 or K3. K1 is the only way that I would reccommend to anyone interested in playing this game.

144496[/snapback]

Whoa the pony. Squeek's wife does not have a green card - she is here on her K-3. They decided to follow through on the original I-130 filing rather than do AOS. They have been married long enough, though, that when she finishes up in GZ she will receive an IR-1 rather than a CR-1. When she enters the US with it, it will trigger a 10 year card rather than a 2.

Their issue is that it will take longer for Ling to get a green card by going AOS than finishing up the I-130 - so they are taking the shortest route.

Because they have been married over two years, her first green card will be a ten year regardless of the path they take to get there; AOS or visa.

144522[/snapback]

So you don't need to travel back to China for a 10yr green card?

No, the deciding point for the 10 yr 'vs' the 2 yr is how long you have been married. If married two years or more then she gets a 10 yr Green card, by either filing I-485 for AOS or I-130 for CR-1/IR-1

I dont think she needs to return to china for a 10 year green card. I believe I need to apply here at INS....

We will be married 2 years next may, so maybe I better check if that is when she gets her 10 year card.

Sorry Don, about the mix up between K-1/K-3. ... But I thought it was K-1 which is the fiancee visa.

:blink:

I am so far into the process with the CR-1 and CR-2, that I have no other options, but the bright side is less hassle with the green card and any AOS stuff!!!!

Didn't have much choice between K-3 and CR-1. It took MSC 7+ months just to approve OUR K-3. In the mean time we made it through the CR-1 even enduring over 6 months getting through NVC and and the CR-1 arrived at GZ FIRST and the K-3 was a mute point.

BTW: Bahan What took you guys so long? :)  My wife was approved on JUNE, 29th ALSO but at 11:00am. Took long enough in paper submission/fingerprinting she had her interview in the morning. Richard

144746[/snapback]

I think she was walking slowly... taking her time and window shopping along the way...

:blink:

If you do get your CR-1 then I think the wait is two years for that point until you get the 10 year green card. Our case was so delayed we will be missing the IR-1 by just a few months. I wouldn't want to deal with this stuff again soon after he gets here.

Guest blsqueaky

144496[/snapback]

Whoa the pony. Squeek's wife does not have a green card - she is here on her K-3. They decided to follow through on the original I-130 filing rather than do AOS. They have been married long enough, though, that when she finishes up in GZ she will receive an IR-1 rather than a CR-1. When she enters the US with it, it will trigger a 10 year card rather than a 2.

Their issue is that it will take longer for Ling to get a green card by going AOS than finishing up the I-130 - so they are taking the shortest route.

Because they have been married over two years, her first green card will be a ten year regardless of the path they take to get there; AOS or visa.

144522[/snapback]

Thanks Don for your help here. This is mine and Ling's choice here. Yes, according to Ohio, and dealing with Nebraska again, yes, we chose to go this route, It IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. Ling and I are the first to try this. I just know that when then is done, no more GOVT

144496[/snapback]

144522[/snapback]

Thanks Don for your help here. This is mine and Ling's choice here. Yes, according to Ohio, and dealing with Nebraska again, yes, we chose to go this route, It IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. Ling and I are the first to try this. I just know that when then is done, no more GOVT

144911[/snapback]

No more GOVT??? Giving Out Visa's Today???

Geez squeak... when's your interview date? hope it's not till Nov. :unsure: :blink: :huh:

144496[/snapback]

For the CR1's, An I -751 removal of conditions must be filed 90 days before the 2 year green card expires. After supplying them with all the proof of an exisiting relationship, then a 10 year green card will be issued.

and the saga continues......... B)

has anyone else got to that point of the 2 year spot where you have to re-apply?