How long should it take for documents to arrive GZ

Hi All,

It has been a month since the documents were sent to GZ. According to the DOS, they have still not arrived there. :angry:

I have 2 questions: 1) How long does it normally take to be delivered to GZ? And 2) Will they send out the P3 based on the electronic documents they HAVE received?

The DOS person told me that they will still send out the P3 - even if they do not have the actual documents???? Sounds wrong... <_<

Thanks All,

Scott :)

(m-coon)

In the past the average has been 45 days from time DOS says shipped to receipt of P-3. No Guangzhou will not start the process until it receives the hard copy.

I would guess the you have another two week wait <_<

In the past the average has been 45 days from time DOS says shipped to receipt of P-3. No Guangzhou will not start the process until it receives the hard copy.

I would guess the you have another two week wait <_<

144307[/snapback]

My SO has a letter she sent on July 19. It was signed for on July 21. They do not acknowledge receiving it until they are ready to process it, nor will it it show up on their computer (or the DOS computer)

Here Scott this will keep you busy for a while <_<

You need to know the date your file was sent from the NVC if your not sure call them 1-603-334-0700. Then Call DHL 1-800-225-5345 push the right buttons until you get a human. Explain to them what you are doing, tracking your file sent from the NVC. Give them the date the file was sent, the zip for NVC at Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801 and the postal code for the Consulate General in Guangzhou China 510133. There will be anywhere form 3 to 8 packages sent, get the tracking numbers for all of them. Then go to the DHL Site DHL - Track By Tracking Number and input the tracking numbers. Look for the one's originating in Erlanger Kentucky, I guess that is where the K files are processed. Sometimes the packages will be big 20, 30 pounds, your file is in there somewhere, ignore the smaller ones they are usually diplomatic pouches and do not stay in clearance delay very long.

Like I said before they usually "age" the files for about a month before delivering them to the Consulate. Give it a few days after they have been delivered and call DOS 1-202-663-1225 push the right buttons until you reach a human, give them your GUZ number and they will be able to tell you if the P-3 has been sent, then tell your wife to look for the package.

Hi All,

It has been a month since the documents were sent to GZ. According to the DOS, they have still not arrived there. :D

I have 2 questions: 1) How long does it normally take to be delivered to GZ? And 2) Will they send out the P3 based on the electronic documents they HAVE received?

The DOS person told me that they will still send out the P3 - even if they do not have the actual documents???? Sounds wrong... :)

Thanks All,

Scott :)

(m-coon)

144306[/snapback]

Log on to www.dhl-usa.com/tracking Go to the top and click TRACK. On the drop down menu click Track by reference. In the reference box enter I-730 then in the date box's below enter the shipping date search criteria.

This will show you all of the visa applications that were shipped from the NVC in portsmouth NH for that date. Scroll down to Guangzhou to find the status of your shipment.

However the date that the NVC says it was shipped is not usually the date that DHL picked it up. It is usually 1 or 2 days after the date that the NVC says it was shipped.

Scott:

What I have is not good news.

1. Previously K1/K3/CR1 applications from the NVC have taken 4 - 6 weeks from the time the NVC forwarded the case to Guangzhou until the Consulate "enters" the application in the computer. Recently, approximately past two months, this time has increased for some members. For example my wife's CR1 application has taken nine weeks, see my timeline. I hope once the new Consulate location (for interviews, etc) is in full swing this "transit" time should decrease.

2. No, even though the Consulate has an "electronic" copy much earlier, they will not issue the P3 packet. This will occur only after the application is physically received at Guangzhou and "entered" in the computer. There might be exceptions to the rule, but I have not seen any.

Mark

Edited by mlspyl (see edit history)

In some cases, it appears they will start the namecheck process before receiving the hardcopy petition.

I would not be concerned unless 2 months has passed and still no indication of entered in the GUZ computer.

This is a slow moving stream to the GUZ harbor... give it some time to float down stream..

Log on to www.dhl-usa.com/tracking Go to the top and click TRACK. On the drop down menu click Track by reference. In the reference box enter I-730 then in the date box's below enter the shipping date search criteria.

This will show you all of the visa applications that were shipped from the NVC in portsmouth NH for that date. Scroll down to Guangzhou to find the status of your shipment.

However the date that the NVC says it was shipped is not usually the date that DHL picked it up. It is usually 1 or 2 days after the date that the NVC says it was shipped.

144341[/snapback]

I Knew someone had figured out a simpler way I just didn't know what it was :lol:

I tried the instuctions and found the most interesting thing. From the information I saw there, the I-730 sent out on the 22 July cleared customs and was delivered to the Consulate on July 26, but the I-730's sent on July 21st, 25th, and 26th are still in clearance delay.

Strange how things like that happen.

found a link - someone actually got some information from DHL once:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...295entry28295

145192[/snapback]

so long ago.... I guess they learned from that one.... don't tell us anything!!! only wait, your peition is being processed, we will contact you on the next step!!!

found a link - someone actually got some information from DHL once:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...295entry28295

145192[/snapback]

so long ago.... I guess they learned from that one.... don't tell us anything!!! only wait, your peition is being processed, we will contact you on the next step!!!

145220[/snapback]

The shipment encountered a customs issue which prevented its delivery to the consulate-general. According to DHL, several attempts to contact GZ to resolve the issue have gone unanswered. It has now been more than 5 weeks, and GZ has failed to resolve this issue

What caught my eye was that someone had actually been able to trace the "customs delay" to the GUZ.