You can pay the fee at the consulate... the total is $380, you're right, David... thanks :P

144987[/snapback]

Whoa. What $380? There are very few things you can pay at the consulate.

144999[/snapback]

thanks Don!!! I didn't proof it first!! :lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only fee's you should have in GUZ is your SO's medical and shot fees, also the fee for the Biometrics $45 and I guess now there is the Visa Pickup fee.

145006[/snapback]

Can you clarify if the biometric fee is at GUZ? Only for CR1 ?

Done at the morning checkin and finger printing I assume..

You can pay the fee at the consulate... the total is $380, you're right, David... thanks :P

144987[/snapback]

144999[/snapback]

thanks Don!!! I didn't proof it first!! :D

145008[/snapback]

Hey Hank... Don't feel bad man. Don gave me the "whoa" over in bahan's thread too. He's been rustling too many sheep. If he were getting paid to do this he'd never have to worry about job security with guys like us around... :drunk: :drunk: :o

You can pay the fee at the consulate... the total is $380, you're right, David... thanks :cheering:

144987[/snapback]

144999[/snapback]

thanks Don!!! I didn't proof it first!! :P

145008[/snapback]

Hey Hank... Don't feel bad man. Don gave me the "whoa" over in bahan's thread too. He's been rustling too many sheep. If he were getting paid to do this he'd never have to worry about job security with guys like us around... :clapping: :cheering: :cheering:

145355[/snapback]

gotta give him credit... :clapping:

• 3 weeks later...
I just read this whole thread through and as you may have noticed I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. So can somebody answer this question with a simple yes or no?

Is there a US$380 fee for K-1 visas?

151296[/snapback]

No, :lol: it is about $100

I just read this whole thread through and as you may have noticed I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. So can somebody answer this question with a simple yes or no?

151296[/snapback]

151306[/snapback]

And that $100 is the fee paid at the same time as the medical check? That's great news! We were going to buy rings today, and now we can get something a little extra special for her.

151296[/snapback]

151306[/snapback]

And that $100 is the fee paid at the same time as the medical check? That's great news! We were going to buy rings today, and now we can get something a little extra special for her.

151307[/snapback]

Yes, that is the fee you pay at the Citic(?) Bank and I think they put the receipt in the medical package.

Have fun getting rings :P

151296[/snapback]

No, :greenblob: it is about $100

151306[/snapback]

151307[/snapback]

Yes, that is the fee you pay at the Citic(?) Bank and I think they put the receipt in the medical package.

Have fun getting rings :)

151309[/snapback]

OK..maybe a reality check is in order for the K-1ers...these are fees you pay at the consulate but there is more to come when you do your AOS and I-864 back in the states. But hey, enjoy the moment... :D

Dave :D

• 8 months later...
The Interview FAQ explains the fees and which ones to pay in what order...

The main confusion has been whether one can take the exam and pay the visa fee afterward or if it has to be included in the exam package or can people pay at GUZ.

All I have sorted out so far is that the exam can take place without the visa fee payment..   I also know that the consulate webpage states the visa should be paid prior to the interview.. but not clear if this means that it can be done in the morning at GUZ or not.

The basic steps most everyone follows:

1) Pay visa fee at approved bank

2) Have exam at approved facility

3) Go to interview with both.

144086[/snapback]

does anyone know what banks are approved in Beijing ??? and my SO will have to pay this before her medical exam ??

Edited by tcrocks38 (see edit history)