Two Quick Questions

Two quick questions:

1. What does my lao po ask for at customs when entering the USA? I know it has to do with work, but off hand can't remember and can't find in my notes. Time differenced is hitting me hard with the heat.

2. Does my SO need a Hong Kong visa to enter Hong Kong or is the US Fiancee visa enough? We will fly out of Hong Kong. Traveling from Nanning to Schenzhen by plane, then bus to Hong Kong. What should we be prepared for? Okay three questions.

Thanks!

Two quick questions:

1. What does my lao po ask for at customs when entering the USA? I know it has to do with work, but off hand can't remember and can't find in my notes. Time differenced is hitting me hard with the heat.

2. Does my SO need a Hong Kong visa to enter Hong Kong or is the US Fiancee visa enough? We will fly out of Hong Kong. Traveling from Nanning to Schenzhen by plane, then bus to Hong Kong. What should we be prepared for? Okay three questions.

Thanks!

143767[/snapback]

Trigg already answered the first question.

She doesn't need a transit visa to HK. Just show them the air ticket to USA and she would be fine. However, she cannot stay in HK longer than 7 days.

We are flying out of Hong Kong as well. Do we need a paper ticket from the airline, or will a e-ticket work ? Need advice a.s.a.p.

143843[/snapback]

Paper ticket or e-ticket should be fine. When entering HK, she might have to show her passport with the K visa. With both K visa and airticket to USA, there shouldn't be any problem.

good, i will go ahead and book it.

It is really funny, my round trip ticket is less expensive then her one way ticket. Go figure.....

143864[/snapback]

Jason: I was also confronted with some one way fares that were higher than the round trip fare. BUT, if you book your round trip ticket on a China based airline, then she can buy a one way fare in China on the same flight as yours for about half of what your fare was. It may be too late for you to do this now, but if anyone else reads this, you can save a lot of $$ this way.

We are flying out of Hong Kong as well. Do we need a paper ticket from the airline, or will a e-ticket work ? Need advice a.s.a.p.

143843[/snapback]

Paper ticket or e-ticket should be fine. When entering HK, she might have to show her passport with the K visa. With both K visa and airticket to USA, there shouldn't be any problem.

143861[/snapback]

What about an e-mail schedule of flight? Plan to pick up ticket in Hong Kong.