How much time to pass immigration

Does anyone have any experience of how much time i should give to clear immigration and customs in either SFO or Chicago?

I will need to make a connecting flight either way, so I am wondering if 1 hrs is enough or if i should play it safe and give us at least 2-4 hrs for any connecting flights from either SFO or Chicago.

I know it probably varies depending on the day, time of day, and what might be happening at the airport that day, but just curious what others have given if they need to make connecting flights.

thanks

wulong tea

Does anyone have any experience of how much time i should give to clear immigration and customs in either SFO or Chicago?

I will need to make a connecting flight either way, so I am wondering if 1 hrs is enough or if i should play it safe and give us at least 2-4 hrs for any connecting flights from either SFO or Chicago.

I know it probably varies depending on the day, time of day, and what might be happening at the airport that day, but just curious what others have given  if they need to make connecting flights.

thanks

wulong tea

143269[/snapback]

On my last trip through SFO it took about 30 minutes to get my bag and

5 minutes to get through immigration.

better to err on the side of having to wait some time, than try to cut it to close and miss your connection.... a word to the wise!!!

you could experience any kind of delay, from weather, to air and ground traffic...

good luck on you trip!!

better to err on the side of having to wait some time, than try to cut it to close and miss your connection....  a word to the wise!!!

you could experience any kind of delay, from weather, to air and ground traffic... 

good luck on you trip!!

143279[/snapback]

I fly from GZ to LA once and on the return flight we sat on the tarmac

for three hours to wait out a storm.

Whe the pilot got clearance we did a very fast taxi and went to full

power when the plane turned in to the runway. I guess there was another storm on the way.

I know it probably varies depending on the day, time of day, and what might be happening at the airport that day, but just curious what others have given  if they need to make connecting flights.

thanks

wulong tea

143269[/snapback]

I go through Chicago, but I've never timed it. It seems like less than an hour though. Go PAST the wall before the immigration guy comes around to tell everyone - there are lines there with no one in them.

I think you can make the 1 hour connection, but like everyone is saying, don't take the chance.