I'll be leaving for China on Aug 26, arriving BJ on 27th...

My plans are to try and get the medical exam done in BJ... probably around 29th... I had my SO call the hospital to ask some questions.

They said we can pay for the visa after the medical (not sure if they were implying we should pay it in BJ or in GUZ, but will find out at some point).

Also said we can pickup the medical results the same day with expedited service so we don't have to stay overnight there.. good news again!

My SO recommends we take the 4:30am train to BJ and then taxi an hour to the hospital blink.gif ... she also likes the idea of a 20 hour train ride to GUZ blink.gifhuh.gifsad.gif we'll see...

---

If anyone has an experience with medical exam or visa payment in BJ, please post...

If we are succussful in BJ (and don't have to do it in GUZ for any reason), then I will post an explanation of the Medical exam process in BJ and any visa payment issues we encounter, as someone has already done this for Shanghai (in FAQ, along with GUZ experiences too).

Then I'll be in GUZ for the week of Sept 5...

David:

Do you know if the medical exam can be completed in GZ?  Selina and I plan on arriving in GZ on Monday with the intention of having this done prior to the interview on Thursday.

-Eric

143194[/snapback]

Disregard my comment, I see you mention GZ experiences available in FAQs... :blink:

Maybe I've been working too hard today, but... where are the FAQ for the GUZ medical exam experiences?  My wife's planning on having her exam the day after I arrive in GUZ - - and two days before her interview.

143210[/snapback]

The FAQs are pinned in Links in Resources:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

For medical exam issues, see P4 FAQ. For interview issues see Interview FAQ and Question FAQ.

Make sure she requests the 'expedited' return of the exam, to pickup the next day.

she also likes the idea of a 20 hour train ride to GUZ :D  :P :greenblob:    we'll see...

---

143187[/snapback]

the 20 hour train ride doesn't sound like fun. I took a 10 hour train ride with my SO... for me it wasn't fun and we went first class. I decided then I would fly back... and it ended up being cheaper than the train