No Available Tickets out of China

Here I sit, my fiancee and I ready to fly to the USA.

Airline told me no problem with open ticket as is right at end of the tourist season, should have no problem. But now they say nothing till September.

So here we sit trying to find possibilities out of here. We are on stand-by.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

:D

but the good news is.............

good luck with your flight arrangements

Do you have several legs in your journey? I just came back to China from the U.S. And, my only problem was I couldn't get a flight from Houston to L.A. (my open ticket made me go to L.A.) My flight to Seoul and then to my city was available. So, I just found a cheap ticket to L.A. then checked in at L.A. and told them what had happened. Maybe give this a try. I was really frustrated too. Our wedding is in two months here and there was no way I could stay until they had a ticket available. So, I feel your pain. Good luck!!!

Do you have several legs in your journey? Due to my location in the USA - Alaska - I fly a different route than most.

I fly Hong Kong/Taipei/Anchorage, Alaska.

The flight goes onto New York City.

There are little alternatives to my travel.

Quite a few airlines travel this way, but most are full. The airline person was mistaken on tourists times I think. As thought seasonal tourists mostly gone by August 4th or so. Then with flooding thought even less yet.

But flights are full.

I may go on stand-by in Hong Kong and hope for the best.

At least I have a ticket, so don't know about my SO gettting a ticket on standeby.