Cheap flights--again

My experience so far has been that Northwest is the better of the three airlines I have flown for California-China travel. I will pay about $920 round trip to fly in september.

Does this sound on par with everyone else?

Also..not to add more fuel..but what does anyone think about pre-buying her ticket or waiting for space available? (I know there is already threads on this, but maybe someone has something else to add)

My experience so far has been that Northwest is the better of the three airlines I have flown for California-China travel. I will pay about $920 round trip to fly in september.

Does this sound on par with everyone else?

143443[/snapback]

I don't know about Sept prices, but in Jan and Feb the prices were about $400 lower!

Guest blsqueaky

I was messing aroung the other day on NWA's site, and I looked at flights for Aug, $1,166, Sept and Oct, $966, and again in Nov, back to $1,166. This was from Columbus to GUZ. At the time, flychina could not even beat

I have seen this fare. I don't feel like messing around by taking a train or bus to GZ from HK. I can fly HK to GZ for another 150-200, but then I pay another 25-30 for the dual entry visa. It comes out to be more hassle---way more time--for the same price. I paid $901 RT to fly NWA from SFO to GZ. I will get a good seat on the brand new A330 Airbus which has plugs under the seat for my laptop, and the personal video monitor. To be honest...unless it is a solid $200-300 savings..it just doesn't matter.

I actually put this thread up for anyone who may not have seen it already. No new news here, the same info from the last time I have seen it...

I would actually like to go to HK. One of my brothers best friend lives there and is married to a local gal...they live quite the fast lifestyle is the only thing that has kept me out so far. I would love to check it out.

You don't need the dual entry? You can go mainland and back with no problem? This I didn't know. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill, are you guys going to stay for a while or are you coming right back to the USA?

Rob

I dig Nanning. Next to Zhanjiang, it is my favorite city in China. The air quality is good, their is much new architecture, and my uncle in law to be lives there and is a structural engineer...which is cool in my book. It is funny to see the same details that we design here--only in chinese..

Yea, the dual entry thing was the reason I didn't go to HK the last few times I have been to china. This time, time constraints..next time though...it's on!

Thanks for the info OHB