Pre-emptive strike

Does anyone think it is of any value to contact the Senator or Congressmans office early in the process to connect with the appropriate staffer that handles immigration issues? This would start a familarization with your case and lay the groundwork of a relationship with the S or C's office. What are some thoughts?

I really think it would only be necessary if you foresaw any particular difficulties or problems with your case. Realistically most of us sail through the process without any difficulties that our US rep could help us with. The year it takes may age us 5 years but other than that and the nights spent crying into the pillow it really, really is so worth it in the end... :greenblob:

I really think it would only be necessary if you foresaw any particular difficulties or problems with your case. Realistically most of us sail through the process without any difficulties that our US rep could help us with. The year it takes may age us 5 years but other than that and the nights spent crying into the pillow it really, really is so worth it in the end... :greenblob:

141587[/snapback]

Your right. Because in the end, we all die anyway. :greenblob:

You can do this if you want to be familiar with the office there. I wouldn't recommend talking to them to familiarize them with the case or who you are until you need their help. Unless you are in a small district with few immigrants they will not be able to keep track of a case that they are not being asked to help with a problem.

Like lawyers they read a file only when it must be worked on.

141587[/snapback]

141588[/snapback]

I have heard of that eventual end but I prefer not to contemplate it too much. Whenever I tell my wife something about, "if I shoud die..." she tells me she never thinks that way... :greenblob:

141587[/snapback]

141588[/snapback]

Yeah but I'm wasting the time i have left sitting with my life on hold

141587[/snapback]

Your right. Because in the end, we all die anyway. :blink:

141588[/snapback]

Yeah but I'm wasting the time i have left sitting with my life on hold

141599[/snapback]

ya, on hold, or in cue, or 2nd name check. :huh:

Does anyone think it is of any value to contact the Senator or Congressmans office early in the process to connect with the appropriate staffer that handles immigration issues?  This would start a familarization with your case and lay the groundwork of a relationship with the S or C's office.  What are some thoughts?

141582[/snapback]

Hank, As Mike and Alex can probably vouch for, these people will tell you that they care and want to help, but they really just want to tell you what you want to hear so you will stop bothering them.

Escentually you would be waisting their time and yours.http://photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/th_POSTER11.jpg

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)
Guest blsqueaky
Does anyone think it is of any value to contact the Senator or Congressmans office early in the process to connect with the appropriate staffer that handles immigration issues??This would start a familarization with your case and lay the groundwork of a relationship with the S or C's office.?What are some thoughts?

141582[/snapback]

Hank, As Mike and Alex can probably vouch for, these people will tell you that they care and want to help, but they really just want to tell you what you want to hear so you will stop bothering them.

Escentually you would be waisting their time and yours.http://photobucket.com/albums/y107/BuffaloBillsRock/th_POSTER11.jpg

141617[/snapback]

No Doug, pending who your contact is, you might just not be wasting their time. I tall depends on if you get to know them, and if they really care to help.

Hank, right now, it is too early for you to contact anyone. The only way that your congressman can help is after it gets sent to GUZ, but this is from my own personal experience. Until your files gets to GUZ, and they forward it, I would not bother them, accept to cal them, or email and make sure that they recieved it.;