AOS AP slow down

Called USCIS today inquiring why we never received receipt notice for AOS/AP sent 5/21/05. We sent the applications Certified mail so we got back the slip saying they were signed for at USCIS Chicago. Immigration officer told us that while letter of receipt is normally sent 4 weeks there is now a 2-1/2 month delay. After that letter the biometrics letter would follow. Additionally after that a 90 to 120 day wait for AP and 6-7 month wait for AOS. These times don't even remotely fit into what I've seen here on CFL. Any thoughts?

My qizi is K3.

It took 10 mos. for visa and 20 mos. for AOS.

In dealing with this process, nothing fits nothing! Like the CIS processing times on the web. They weren't even close, at least in our case (aka predicament.)

All I can suggest is to go into it with a positive, high-spirited frame of mind. And yeah,,,crossing your fingers won't hurt either!....:blink:

-good luck!

Funny, we sent our AOS papers in on 6/25 and got the receipt notice less than 4 weeks later. We have our fingerprint appointment on 8/3.

You sent your app in before us so you should have heard something by now.

I would call and/or write to your congressperson. It is their job to make sure that their constituents are not getting worked over by the system.

I think USCIS will "find" your app right after receiving the official call from your rep.

Good luck!

One more thing, when I made an appointment, the guy asked me if I had gotten the appointment letter. I said no, I only got the receipt notice. We went back and forth about the appointment letter. I told him again that I had only gotten the receipt notice which told me to call to make an appointment for biometrics. OHHH, he said, THAT's the apointment letter!

My friend and his wife did the apps for AOS/AP 1st of April. July 5th they got the appointment letter. Biometrics on the 14th and AOS interview yesterday the 26th. They are glad to be finished with the Gov for 2 years. Their K-1 from app to interview was 2.25 years. He never went to China so it was very hard on the relationship.

Even though these most recent numbers seem unbearably slow, hang in there. It finally does come to an end. Consider our wait:

Visa: 17 1/2 months

AOS: 18 months to the day

At least AP was in the predicted window: 86 days.

Best of luck to all those in this interminable process.

It all depends where you file.

141059[/snapback]

Tony: I know that the total processing time will be different depending on where you live, but my receipt notice was sent from Chicago. I think Bandj should have gotten his receipt notice reguardless of where he lives.

My 2 yuan.

141062[/snapback]

It was sent to Chicago - I am under the impression that all filings are sent there now

Chicago, on the other hand, mails them to different places.

And then the city that you are in sets the timeframe for the interview.

Last I checked, New York City was running about a 2-3 year wait.

If you moved across the river into NJ, it would cut the wait to only 1-2 years.

:-(

We too are waiting. We finished biometrics many months ago (they have been used for the EAD too...which we have had now for more than a month already), and have not heard heads or tails...welcome to the North East...

Good Luck!