Anyone who applies K1 via VSC?

Hello everyone, this is my first post at CFL!

We just sent the package to USCIS at Vermont after I consulted with the 001 ladies on whether the I-134, financial proof, is needed when my fiance files the application at the very first step. Most of them said no since for those who file K1 via VSC, only two of them were asked for financial proof last year after P1 .

So I'd like to double-check the info with you experienced "professionals" about the necessicity of I-134 in the first package of K1 application via VSC. Can I assume that I-134 is not required based on the fact that my fiance and I have substantial proof of continuous relationship?

Thanks for your help.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Unless things have changed, you do not need the I-134 when your fiance first files with the VSC.  You will eventually need the form, but now is probably a little to soon to prepare it.

Welcome to CFL and good luck.

140333[/snapback]

The I-134 is needed toward the end of the process; and after your 1-129F application is approved. You do not need a copy during the early stages. Additionally, it's important that the information contained in the I-134 be less than 90-days old. Once the NVC requests the form, you will have plenty of time to prepare it.

:redblob: WELCOME TO CFL! :)

:D

welcome to CFL..

Since he is K1, NVC does not request it... it should be sent to the chinese beneficiary in the timeframe stated by fitnlivly, and brought to the interview with supporting documentation... The VO may or may not ask for it. but you should have it ready in case.

You can see some info in the FAQ on it.. under the Links and Resources, in the pinned area FAQ, P3 FAQ.

Unless things have changed, you do not need the I-134 when your fiance first files with the VSC.  You will eventually need the form, but now is probably a little to soon to prepare it.

Welcome to CFL and good luck.

140333[/snapback]

Yeah, what Frank said!...

I'll reiterate. You won't need it until the eventual interview comes.

Can you spell p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e??...........:P

I knew you could!.......:rolleyes:

-good luck-%%

welcome to CFL and no you dont have to do the 134 form until later on, i filed through the VSC also, which means you and I are very lucky, alot of people cant file through VSC and have to wait several months just to get to P2 (notice of action the approval letter) i see your timeline was just started the other day, prepare for a 8 to 9 month wait, just read recent postings and you will see the answers to your questions, i know you will see the same questions over and over durring your next 8 to 9 months from now which is expected. again welcome to CFL

Thanks so much for confirming what I also believed. Glad to know that I-134 is not necessary for me right now.

Well begun, half done, right? I just hope that my case is smooth from the very beginning. I couldnot be more patient since it is desirable to join my fiance while at the same time having to say goodbye to the variety of delicious Chinese food...hehe, I am happy that he never comes here to find my little secret...

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)

Welcome to CFL!

We prepared the I-134 for the interview and it wasn't even looked at.

If you have known each other for a few years before getting engaged, the interview should be fast and easy.

As for food, there are Asian markets here in the US so you need to learn how to cook!! My lao po has learned to make some very tasty dishes!!

Good luck on your journey! ;)