May IR1 Petition Beneficiaries Opt for K3 Processing?

-----------------------------------------------------

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued

when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to

the alien." To maximize the number of aliens who may

benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined

that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-

issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post,

or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied

the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the

I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-

130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the

applicant has already commenced K3 application (by

returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives

at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than

switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any

time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3

application.

139225[/snapback]

Can you provide the link for this?

frank, brilliant connect to priority date in Adam's case..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it official, did I screw up by not sending in the 129f after learning about K3. I checked yesterday as usuall.  CSC updated, wow twice in two weeks!  129f jumped ahead almost a month.

When I started this, CSC I130 feb14. 129f only a few days ahead.  Two weeks went by, they both moved forward about 4 days.  Two more weeks, I-130 moved to Feb. 28.  129f still a few days ahead.

Then nothing for two months. By now I found out about K3.  Made an educated dicision not to file 129f. Now as of last two weeks, I-130 moved ahead 1 week.  129f moving extremly fast.

Two weeks ago, 129f moved ahead of when I could have sent one in. Now I wonder if I should just send one in.  They are processing cases they recieved just over 1 month ago.

PS

Where can I line up for several of those mop slaps?

139160[/snapback]

A letter arrived today, dated 7-21 from the NVC explaining my K-3 will be sent to Guangzhou within a week. I can't figure this out. I understand exactly what the letter says and I'm very happy about this. I started the process 5-9 and in 2 1/2 months I'm in Guangzhou. Go figure.

Gene

Is it official, did I screw up by not sending in the 129f after learning about K3. I checked yesterday as usuall.  CSC updated, wow twice in two weeks!  129f jumped ahead almost a month.

When I started this, CSC I130 feb14. 129f only a few days ahead.  Two weeks went by, they both moved forward about 4 days.  Two more weeks, I-130 moved to Feb. 28.  129f still a few days ahead.

Then nothing for two months. By now I found out about K3.  Made an educated dicision not to file 129f. Now as of last two weeks, I-130 moved ahead 1 week.  129f moving extremly fast.

Two weeks ago, 129f moved ahead of when I could have sent one in. Now I wonder if I should just send one in.  They are processing cases they recieved just over 1 month ago.

PS

139160[/snapback]

A letter arrived today, dated 7-21 from the NVC explaining my K-3 will be sent to Guangzhou within a week. I can't figure this out. I understand exactly what the letter says and I'm very happy about this. I started the process 5-9 and in 2 1/2 months I'm in Guangzhou. Go figure.

Gene

140471[/snapback]

Gene, Congratulations, a milestone has been reached for you, the processing time was pretty quick.... makes some of us envious of your good fortune..... Hang in there.... now you're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of GUZ....

PS

139160[/snapback]

Gene

140471[/snapback]

jump up, dance a jig.. and now pick a most comfortable seat !!

One long GUZ step to go.. Nice to hear ! :unsure:

Obxtrainman and Bob, Fellas, Read these links....

memorize them, carry them sleep with them if need be.

The information in them is written clearly.

http://www.geocities.com/jgomes4551/k3.html

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k3guide

When you get the 797 approval notce, switch yourselves into CR-1 mode. The 129F to Chicago is really a waist at this point. A K1 with the 129F mailed to VSC, MSC or CSC would have been faster... but I know. you really love your wife and couldn't wait to get married. Me too.

If something in the links or in my timeline doesn't jive with your's, that is a flag for you to start making some phone calls to find out WTF. As they might say in chinglish... "Sum ting wong." :whistling: Never assume that somebody else has responsibility or cares about your paperwork. They don't! Only you do. Remember it and good luck.

Your NOA1 only says to you " Yea we got it. here's your tracking #. it can take 990 days to process." (that is not a real #, sort of like the responses you get from e-mailing GZ.) If you want to know what GZ will say about your e-mail, you can e-mail me, I will respond to you quicker with the same answer copied and pasted right off of there FAQ website.

FYI... If you have an RFE coming you can only get the details of the descrepancies via snail mail. They are not allowed to tell you over the phone but, They (DOS) can tell if you have a RFE coming to you.

Get down w/ DOS. They are the most helpful and reliable rescource in this proccess. (Besides your friends here at CFL... of course.)

• 4 weeks later...
May IR1 Petition Beneficiaries Opt for K3 Processing?

-----------------------------------------------------

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued

when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to

the alien." To maximize the number of aliens who may

benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined

that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-

issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post,

or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied

the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the

I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-

130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the

applicant has already commenced K3 application (by

returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives

at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than

switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any

time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3

application.

139225[/snapback]

Can you provide the link for this?

frank, brilliant connect to priority date in Adam's case..

140431[/snapback]

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news1125.htm

Better late than never?...........:blink: