resubmitted on 1/13 got visa

Guest jennifer_lam

Guest jennifer_lam

first. congratulations to haibing who got the visa.

Her case was resubmitted on 1/16 and cleared on 1/24.

So anyone who resubmitted on 1/4 is still waiting ???

my honey called DOS just now but was told still not cleared yet.

Guest LarryQun

My theory is that there is this big stack of names somewhere. Each time a name is resubmitted, it is placed on this stack, covering names that were placed there earlier. So as more names get resubmitted, older submissions/resubmissions are pushed deeper into the stack. When someone finally decides to actually perform a namecheck, they go to this stack and take whatever is on top. If several people doing namechecks access this stack before more names are resubmitted and placed on the stack, then names from earlier will get processed. So older name resumbissions are far less likely to be processed. I am convinced that there is no logic or defined procedure for order of processing of the names. But then, that's just my theory, I could be wrong...

Jennifer, I think (I hope) they have more than one person imputting the information into the computers. Unfortunately some type with just two fingers and it takes longer. And then some require additional checking if a hit of some kind comes up. As my fiancee has the same family name as the last Chinese President, she probably generated lots of hits!!!