Bringing the parents over for a visit

I will be doing the same process once my laopo is here, so the things I found out are the letter of invitation, the application process, the affadavit of support.... the proving of compelling reason to return to china....... don't worry, chances are good from what I have heard.....

I will be doing the same process once my laopo is here, so the things I found out are the letter of invitation, the application process, the affadavit of support.... the proving of compelling reason to return to china.......  don't worry, chances are good from what I have heard.....

137834[/snapback]

This is of interest to most here. What did you hear about good chances?

The best chances I have heard is when there are more children in China and the parents have property or a business to return to. It happens that they sometimes give the visa only to one parent at a time. This increases the belief of intention to return.

A letter promising round trip ticket and planned itinerary signed by the USC is important.

I will be doing the same process once my laopo is here, so the things I found out are the letter of invitation, the application process, the affadavit of support.... the proving of compelling reason to return to china.......  don't worry, chances are good from what I have heard.....

137834[/snapback]

This is of interest to most here. What did you hear about good chances?

The best chances I have heard is when there are more children in China and the parents have property or a business to return to. It happens that they sometimes give the visa only to one parent at a time. This increases the belief of intention to return.

A letter promising round trip ticket and planned itinerary signed by the USC is important.

137864[/snapback]

From what I have heard and read, it almost impossible for the average ( does not have professional job, etc) Chinese citizen to get a tourist visa. I do not have figures to qoute, but but they would be like unemployment figures - you are only unemployed if you are looking for job. I think man do not even try to get the visa.

Ying and I discussed this sometime ago, there is little chance any of her family could get a tourist visa - why put them through the effort and false expectation

From what I have heard and read, it almost impossible for the average ( does not have professional job, etc) Chinese citizen to get a tourist visa.

137938[/snapback]

From what i have heard, and maybe it is just anecdotal, is the average chinese woman can forget it... old parents with a child in the US... maybe..

CFL POSTS:

Tourist visa denied, second time

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?sho...hl=tourist+visa

How to apply to bring Inlaws Over., Forms that I might need

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6280&hl=

CONSULATE:

Inviting Your Parents to Visit the U.S

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa/parents.html

137848[/snapback]

I read those posts on second rejection, first time on both in-laws, and the second time it was the mother-in-law only and rejected nevertheless.

My in-laws wouldn't bother with a second time. They are too old and going back to the US Embassy in Beijing for a second time would just be too much hassle and too much stress for them. So I anticipate my laopo to go back and forth to China every two years and waste my money in China instead of spending it here. Unless she can get a job with a company that does business in China and the company can pay for part of the trip.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
CFL POSTS:

Tourist visa denied, second time

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?sho...hl=tourist+visa

How to apply to bring Inlaws Over., Forms that I might need

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6280&hl=

CONSULATE:

Inviting Your Parents to Visit the U.S

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa/parents.html

137848[/snapback]

I read those posts on second rejection, first time on both parents, and the second on mother-in-law only. My in-laws wouldn't bother with a second time. They are too old and going back to Beijing for a second time would just be too much hassle. So I anticipate my laopo to go back and forth to China every two years and waste my money in China instead of spending it here. Unless she can get a job with a company that does business in China and the company can pay for part of the trip.

137955[/snapback]

I guess some will keep trying and keep paying for that rejection...

Very sad...

Heres a question my SO asked me to ask all of you. when shes finally here, what is the procedure for getting her parents a tourist visa to the USA? How can we help? How long will it take? Thank you.

137796[/snapback]

Tourist visa is the easiest to get, and it's good for 6 months but can be extended to 1 year. I am not sure how long it takes to get the tourist visa, but I have read anywhere from 3 months to a year to get one. I guess it all depends on the itinerary and whether they are going to spend a lot of money travelling from one place to another. Another way is through your invitation for family visit. But I think it's just as important (if not more) to show plan of going to different parts of America by showing a draft itinerary but dependant on where you will take them around. The more likely they will spend money, the quicker they will get the visa. That's all my common sense thoughts, without any backup. The motto is and has always been whatever good for US economy, and that's spending money here. Family visitation and family values, etc, etc, are all hogwash because they ain't worth a dime.

When your laopo becomes a permanent resident, she can petition for her parents to get permanent resident visa.

If you or your laopo can establish a business with her parents, and her parents also owns the business, and the business employs at least oen American worker (not sure how many, maybe two) then your in-laws can stay here longer. I don't know what type of visa that is. When a foreigner can establish a business and contribute to US economy, then they are welcome here. Some of my former college buddies who were foreign students, they extended their stay many years after they completed their studies. One, from Germany, established a travel agency and became a US citizen afterward.

I may have written more than what you are looking for. I am pointing out the many ways to get a US permanent residence visa or getting extensions for business visa.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

From what I have seen here on CFL persistence pays off. It is not unusual to have to apply 2 or 3 times before they are approved. Once they are approved and they return to China they have a track record and it becomes easier. Some have been lucky and they inlaws approved the first time.