The welcome letter came today!

CONGRATS!!  Must be some kind of planetary alignment.  We just got the same letter.  You'd think we were in China....

138165[/snapback]

I'm happy for you two, natrigon! Besides getting the visa, there's no better feeling than to get that letter and green card.

In fact, I came home from work today to see my wife smiling from ear to ear. She got her greencard in the mail today!!...WoW!, that was fast! Our AOS appointment was Tuesday, the letter came in the mail on Saturday, and my wife's green card came today! Good for 10 years and it's a cool looking card too with the holographic designs on it and all! My wife is set!.......... :lol:

That must mean your's is coming soon too!

138202[/snapback]

Great!! She just got her green card as well. But our interview was way back on January 18th and it's good for only two years. I wonder why.

Also anybody know why the K-2 daughter has been ignored, no letter, no card.

CONGRATS!!  Must be some kind of planetary alignment.  We just got the same letter.  You'd think we were in China....

138165[/snapback]

I'm happy for you two, natrigon! Besides getting the visa, there's no better feeling than to get that letter and green card.

In fact, I came home from work today to see my wife smiling from ear to ear. She got her greencard in the mail today!!...WoW!, that was fast! Our AOS appointment was Tuesday, the letter came in the mail on Saturday, and my wife's green card came today! Good for 10 years and it's a cool looking card too with the holographic designs on it and all! My wife is set!.......... :D

138202[/snapback]

Great!! She just got her green card as well. But our interview was way back on January 18th and it's good for only two years. I wonder why.

138826[/snapback]

Hi natrigon!

That's great news too! Good for her!

The reason it is a 2 yr. card is the conditional status placed on it because of a marriage less than 2 yrs. After 2 years you can file the I-751 to remove status. Then your wife will get a 10 yr. card. They say to file the I-751 90 days before your 2nd anniversary.

Have you gotten the I-797C receipt notice for your daughter's I-485?

I filed the I-485 for my K4 stepdaughter on August 9, 2004. I got the receipt notice and that's all I have heard. I didn't send in the I-693 along with the application. I hope that doesn't present a problem.

I mentioned my stepdaughter's case to the IO at my wife's interview.

He said he will see if it is on the computer and if so, we can do her too.

But her case didn't show up. We will just have to wait until then... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

138165[/snapback]

In fact, I came home from work today to see my wife smiling from ear to ear. She got her greencard in the mail today!!...WoW!, that was fast! Our AOS appointment was Tuesday, the letter came in the mail on Saturday, and my wife's green card came today! Good for 10 years and it's a cool looking card too with the holographic designs on it and all! My wife is set!.......... :D

138202[/snapback]

138826[/snapback]

Hi natrigon!

That's great news too! Good for her!

The reason it is a 2 yr. card is the conditional status placed on it because of a marriage less than 2 yrs. After 2 years you can file the I-751 to remove status. Then your wife will get a 10 yr. card. They say to file the I-751 90 days before your 2nd anniversary.

Have you gotten the I-797C receipt notice for your daughter's I-485?

I filed the I-485 for my K4 stepdaughter on August 9, 2004. I got the receipt notice and that's all I have heard. I didn't send in the I-693 along with the application. I hope that doesn't present a problem.

I mentioned my stepdaughter's case to the IO at my wife's interview.

He said he will see if it is on the computer and if so, we can do her too.

But her case didn't show up. We will just have to wait until then... :blink:

138845[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay....

Ya, same here. Checked on the daughters card/approval and got the ol "well you are just gonna hav to wait now aren't you" and "well, there is nothin I can do" and "now how would I know when it will be approved" responses. Just makes no sense... how many 18 year old 90 pound chinese girl terrorists have there been in the USA?

well congratulations and hopefully you will hear good news soon on your stepdaughter

Me and you seem to be in the same boat, natrigon.

The receipt date of the I-485 for my stepdaughter is August 9, 2004. That's the last thing I heard from CIS. CIS was kind enough to take her biometrics when I took my wife for hers (for the 2nd time) back in June. I am concerned that not sending in the I-693 might be hindering us. But the way I read and understood the instructions was that the I-693 wasn't necessarily needed until the interview.

Well, we will wait and see.

The little girl has a wild imagination. She thinks when her K4 visa expires in November that the police will come and take her and send her back to China.... :helpsmilie:

Me and you seem to be in the same boat, natrigon.

The receipt date of...

The little girl has a wild imagination. She thinks when her K4 visa expires in November that the police will come and take her and send her back to China.... :lol:

148228[/snapback]

Well let's hope that doesn't happen. Not sure who else to contact and I can not beleive we are suppose to sit here and wait an indetermined amount of time... Oh, wait yes I can beleive it, I just remembered who is handling this. hehehe

good luck, let me know if you hear anything.

Congrats!!!!!

We just passed our AOS interview today! Hope to see the welcome letter soon!

148937[/snapback]

Way to go, you guys!.........:blink:

A piece of cake, huh!.........Going by ours, they stamped my wife's passport with a 1 year stamp and then the greencard arrived in the mail the following week!..

All that time for waiting and then the card arrives in a week!....go figure!...:ph34r:

I guess y'alls will go the same way.

-congratulations!