The welcome letter came today!

Yes! my wife's Welcome to the United States of America letter came in the mail today! Finally, our ordeal has come to an end!

I want to say to those who were before me; thanks for the help and encouragement for all these months, and for those just coming along; be patient and love your loved ones. Be supportive of each other. Your time will come!

I also like to add for those pre-AOS ppl, being that hindsight is 20/20, when you do the I-485 along with all the required evidence, etc., I would suggest to have the I-693 done and send that with the I-485 as well.

I didn't send my wife's along because I was thinking that we will get it done when the interview comes up. I think it may make a difference whether you wait or send it in with the I-485.

Case in point: Frank1538 sent his wife's in along with the I-485. Several weeks ago, Frank posted that his wife got the GC in the mail without having an interview.

I have heard of such things before. CIS does different things in different parts of the country so it doesn't surprise me.

Since I didn't have the I-693 attached, the I-485 was "technically" incomplete. But as I remember reading the instructions, it wasn't strictly called for to send in the I-693.

My point is, send the I-693 along with your I-485 regardless of what you are told. By sending it in, the application is complete, and you have no worries. And maybe, Like Frank, you might possibly receive the GC in the mail!

-good luck to all!... :P

Virginia is for Lovers

Congratulations!!!! Keep your contacts and encouragement going, you are an inspiration to the rest of us struggling and coping with all the waiting ................

My point is, send the I-693 along with your I-485 regardless of what you are told. By sending it in, the application is complete, and you have no worries. And maybe, Like Frank, you might possibly receive the GC in the mail!

-good luck to all!... ;)

137204[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a question, is the I-693 a form that can be completed during the K1 medical exam in China? Or is this something that needs a second medical exam here in the US to get it completed.

-good luck to all!... ;)

137204[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a question, is the I-693 a form that can be completed during the K1 medical exam in China? Or is this something that needs a second medical exam here in the US to get it completed.

137333[/snapback]

The I-693 has nothing to do with the visa process but if the beneficiary has a record of their shots then that should be all that is needed once stateside. Once stateside, an appointment will need to be set up with a CIS designated physician(civil surgeon) who will be the one to sign off on the form.

If the beneficiary has no records of the shots, the shots will be given again. These are minor shots and don't pose a threat of side effects under normal, healthy conditions. My wife had no record of shots. She was given the Tetanus/D and the MMR. She was also given the TB skin test. The physician gave her the TB test but the other two shots were given by our local health department at a very little cost.

Doctor visits vary in cost around the country. It's been posted here as much as $500. My wife's visit cost $178 and that included a check-up.

Not much to it; a couple of shots if needed and the doctor doing the form.

-good luck

Finally!!!  Take a deep breath and get on with the rest of your lives.  Congratulations.  Do you think they'll throw you any more curve balls? :P

137341[/snapback]

Thanks, Frank

Curve balls?...I sure hope not but I still have my stepdaughter to go.

I asked the IO about her case. He said he will look it up and if it is there, he would take care of her too. But her case wasn't on his computor, dog gone it!

Her receipt date is Aug. 9, 2004 and she is up to date on all her shots. We will see how it goes with her. But my wife is done, finished, kaput!...:lol:

Finally!!!?Take a deep breath and get on with the rest of your lives.?Congratulations.?Do you think they'll throw you any more curve balls? :greenblob:

137341[/snapback]

Thanks, Frank

Curve balls?...I sure hope not but I still have my stepdaughter to go.

I asked the IO about her case. He said he will look it up and if it is there, he would take care of her too. But her case wasn't on his computor, dog gone it!

Her receipt date is Aug. 9, 2004 and she is up to date on all her shots. We will see how it goes with her. But my wife is done, finished, kaput!...:P

137388[/snapback]

Seems like it would make sense that if mom has already been adjusted, the daughter should be adjusted without another interview. Why have to go through the hassle again? I'm in the same boat (at least three of us now - you, Gene and I). The parent has a green card, but the child is still waiting for an interview.

CONGRATS!!  Must be some kind of planetary alignment.  We just got the same letter.  You'd think we were in China....

138165[/snapback]

I'm happy for you two, natrigon! Besides getting the visa, there's no better feeling than to get that letter and green card.

In fact, I came home from work today to see my wife smiling from ear to ear. She got her greencard in the mail today!!...WoW!, that was fast! Our AOS appointment was Tuesday, the letter came in the mail on Saturday, and my wife's green card came today! Good for 10 years and it's a cool looking card too with the holographic designs on it and all! My wife is set!.......... :blink:

That must mean your's is coming soon too!