Passport invitation letter?

I told my SO to go get one.. she did. And it was sent in the mail to her. I did not give her anything in writing, etc...

If she just needs some assurance from someone in China on what to do, then my SO or someone already there (DCF) can maybe talk to her...

If a letter is needed, then I'll look forward to the response and put this in the FAQ...

send me an email, I have a sample at my work of an invitation letter, but it is primarily used for tourist visas, but I am sure you can word it any way you want to get the desired result,

oh, btw, my wife is in Shanghai too!!!

Sounds like the office is following rules used to issue various licenses in China. A letter is needed to show need of travel or issuance of international class certifications from the government.

Just give her a letter on your letterhead that says you are inviting her to the U.S.. You will support her while she is here and need her to have a passport as soon as possible so that you can submit her passport number to the U.S. Department of State for issuance of a visa.

Address it to her and sign it.

What they are looking for is a reason to give an official document. If no reason no document. Once a passport is issued renewal is no problem.