Help with contact information for GZ embassy

Hi All,

My application has been sent to the Guangzhou Embassy as of July 5. I was given a GUZ number and was given a phone number to call to check on the status... However when I call the number - all I get is a recording.

My wife says she heard that you cannot get a human on the phone there and that they only reply if I fax my inquiry.

Does anybody know for sure the ways of checking on the status of a application in that office? If so, can I please ask for the preferred way to check on the status and the number needed to make that contact?

I would like to also know if e-mail is a good way to contact them and if so what the proper e-mail address is for the GZ embassy?

And is there a phone number that will get a human on the phone there?

Thanks,

Scott

(m-coon)

Hi Scott,

You are best off calling DOS first, emailing GUZ as backup... wait at least a month after the sending date, otherwise you'll get caught up in wanting to call every week..

call the DOS at 202.663.1255

See this recent link on good info about calling DOS:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11494

Consulate email:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...iv/contact.html

Based on most posts I see here it is no wonder that is so frustrating to see that no one will accept responsibility and give straight answer from the agencies involved, and there seems to be no quality controls in place to see that everything is moving in these agencies.

Based on most posts I see here it is no wonder that is so frustrating to see that no one will accept responsibility and give straight answer from the agencies involved, and there seems to be no quality controls in place to see that everything is moving in these agencies.

136717[/snapback]

You just ain't whistling Dixie there!............One just has to get used to it. :D

The GUZ no longer accepts conventional email. Even though the letter you got from them probably gives you an email address and tells you to write them at that address if you have questions... The web address that Randy_W posted is correct. Earlier in the week I filled out the web form and clicked send. I heard back in about 12 hours...

I have said it before, but if it wasn't for this site, and us helping each other, this would all be so much harder. You all are such great support!!! Thank you! THANK you!! THANK YOU!!!