Hi everyone. I am the petitioner and i am not sure if I am also the corispondence person I cant remember anyway I am curious if P3 gets sent to my wife in China or if it is sent to me as her representitive???? I hope it goes to her. Anyone have the anwere. Here is a paste of my email from HK.

Thank you for your e-mail of July 12, 2005.

Our records show that on July 12, 2005, upon receipt of your visa

petition,

we sent a packet containing visa application forms and instructions to

you.

Sincerely,

The Information Unit

Did you guys complete a DS-3032?  If so, were you designated as agent?  If you were so designated, the P3 might be going to you.

136039[/snapback]

how different is the I-129f from the I-130, is there no P-3 for that?

Did you guys complete a DS-3032?  If so, were you designated as agent?  If you were so designated, the P3 might be going to you.

136039[/snapback]

136116[/snapback]

You should be able to get this info out of the P3 FAQ...

Remember that I-129F is synonymous with K1 or K3; I-130 with CR1/IR1.

136039[/snapback]

136116[/snapback]

Hank, I see you are a straight CR-1. If you had also sought the K3, you would have filed an I-129F in addition to the I-130. They both have a P3. The difference is you will receive the P3 from the NVC for the CR-1. Your wife would have received the P3 from GZ for the K3.

For a CR-1, the NVC sends the P-3 to whomever your wife designates as her agent. Since my wife designated ne as her agent all the paperwork was first sent to me, then I sent it to her, granted it adds some time to the processing, it does keep you in the loop as to what is going on. If your wife decides to act as her own agent she would recieve the paperwork instead.

I hope this answers your question.

The P3 should get mailed to her but dont be surprised if they mail it to you instead.. They did that to me and a friend of mine last year...Not sure why they decided to send it to me except that maybe it was because my SO has a work mailbox..If you get the package, go through it and make sure the forms are all up to date.. if not, you can download more recent ones from the net... Ours had expired in 2004 so I downloaded the forms that last till 2007...

On April 29 my attorney’s office notified me that the Guangzhou embassy mailed the P3 on April 8. My fiancé never received it. I believed that the embassy should have mailed it to her business address; however the attorney thought they mailed it to her parents’ residence.

We requested a second mailing and on May 6 the embassy requested her to fax the preferred mailing address in Chinese characters to them at 86-20-8121-8341. She faxed her business address to the embassy on May 7 and received her P3 on May 16.

I received a P3 postmarked from Washington, DC in early June. A handwritten “petitioner” appeared next to my name on the April 8-dated cover letter.

According to the attorney, “The delay in receiving P3 has no affect because currently the embassy does not even consider setting an interview date for a K visa until they have had the case for 6 months or longer.”

The attorney did not know why I received the P3, however I suspect the embassy may automatically send a P3 to the petitioner after receiving a second beneficiary mailing request.

136039[/snapback]

136116[/snapback]

Hank, I see you are a straight CR-1. If you had also sought the K3, you would have filed an I-129F in addition to the I-130. They both have a P3. The difference is you will receive the P3 from the NVC for the CR-1. Your wife would have received the P3 from GZ for the K3.

136194[/snapback]

yep, straight CR-1, so at this point it seems everything is going as well as can be expected....

For a CR-1, the NVC sends the P-3 to whomever your wife designates as her agent.  Since my wife designated ne as her agent all the paperwork was first sent to me, then I sent it to her, granted it adds some time to the processing, it does keep you in the loop as to what is going on.  If your wife decides to act as her own agent she would recieve the paperwork instead.

I hope this answers your question.

136196[/snapback]

I am the designated one!!!