email address for GZ?

I DCF-ed in February, and returned the P3 to GZ on April 29 (I send it registered mail from Chengdu... I figured that with the May holiday that I would save the money and just send it registered, since the Consulate was closed)... Any way, I have gone online to check on the status and it says that there is no record (it has said that from the very beginning). Now I am wanting to email GZ to find out what's going on. I have sent email 2 times to guangzhouiv@state.gov. Is that the correct place? I sent an email a week ago, and a month ago and never heard anything.

We sent the P3 about 2.5 months ago, so I realise it will still be a few more months, but I would hate to wait 6 months and find out they never got the forms.

I would just call the state department, but I am in China and am not eager to run up a huge phone bill, if I can just email.

My experience is their answers (GZ) are very vague and it seems you are a bother. I know it slows down the interview process because Gz has to use manpower to answer emails instead of process visa's so only email GZ if absolutely necessary and ask a variety of topics in one email.

esun41

I just heard back from them. it only took 12 hours. All I asked was if they received my P3 forms. They responded:

"Your Ds 230-I form & 169 form have been received."

So I guess that means "yes". I hope that if there is a problem they will let me know... I mailed them in the end of April. I would have liked to have known when they entered them, but I didn't ask that. They really don't like to volunteer anything do they? Well, I had better stop here, lest it turn in to a rant :lol:

I just heard back from them. it only took 12 hours. All I asked was if they received my P3 forms. They responded:

"Your Ds 230-I form & 169 form have been received."

So I guess that means "yes". I hope that if there is a problem they will let me know... I mailed them in the end of April. I would have liked to have known when they entered them, but I didn't ask that. They really don't like to volunteer anything do they? Well, I had better stop here, lest it turn in to a rant :lol:

135684[/snapback]

I did ask GUZ- they referred me to the pay for service visa information line here in China. Incidentally it's a Shanghai phone # I believe. acw

seems everyone has a hustle... here, call the pay service...... :blink: