How do I check the status of my visa application?

Hi All,

On June 20 my I-129 was approved!!! Yea!!!

I don't understand the remaining processes nor do I know how to check on the status of the application. Can somebody explain the remaining processes and how I can either by internet or by phone verify the progress of my application? I thought I had read here somewhere that it is sent to another office in the US to complete a "background check" and if this is successful - it then goes to GZ..... Is this true? But most important - how can I verify the progress of this process? Also what are the time frames for the remaining steps also?

Thanks,

Scott (m-coon)

Guest Gene

Hey Scott,

Sounds like things are going better, That's Great. :D USCIS sends your package to the National Visa Center (NVC) 1-603-334-0700 push the right buttons until you get a human, don't use the automated system K/3's are not there long enough. Give them your MSC number from your NOA1 or 2, her name and date of birth and they should be able to give you a GUZ number and tell you the status of your case. It goes through a security check and usually takes about four weeks. Then they send it to Guangzhou, so you will want to check with them every week or so until it is sent. When you find out that it has been sent get the exact date and then you can contact DHL and get tracking numbers and see when it is delivered to Guangzhou, that process to delivery of P-3 is about 45 days. As soon as she recieves it she needs to fill out OF-169 and DS-230 part one and return them to Guangzhou ASAP. That will put you in the queue for an interveiw date and that has been averaging about four to five months, I think. After she returns the forms to Guangzhou, give them a week or two and then email them to see if the file has been put into the system yet. You can also cal the Department Of State (DOS) 1-202-663-1225 push the right buttons until you get a human give them your GUZ number and they can give you a status update also.

:P Congratulations That's a big step completed :D

Guest Gene

Scott,

Go to the links and resources section and download the P-3 and P-4 packages for the K-1 Visa it is pretty much the same except K-3 gets all of the medical forms and such in P-3 and P-4 is just the letter stating the apointment date and time. This will let you know what she needs to do to send the P-3 back quickly.

Scott,

Go to the links and resources section and download the P-3 and P-4 packages for the K-1 Visa it is pretty much the same except K-3 gets all of the medical forms and such in P-3 and P-4 is just the letter stating the apointment date and time. This will let you know what she needs to do to send the P-3 back quickly.

134727[/snapback]

Scott,

Gene is all over this, follow his great advice!!!