A mistake I made

A barrel is 55 gallons not 5 :lol: Sheesh all we're trying to do is help you show Luli how you can save money on the bigger size and no more pouring the big one gallon. The 5 gallon takes the footprint of two one gallons and is taller. It might fit under the sink.

At work I order Soy Sauce, Pineapple concentrate and Sherry in the 55 gallon barrels. Now that's a lot of shtuff, hick.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just isn't the same though. The outside of meat doesn't sear as quickly or caramelize as well. The vegetables cook slower and don't have the well cooked outsides while keeping juicey inside. :lol: That's why I wont use an electric stove. Just can't get the high temp needed. Of course you can't use teflon pans either with high temp cooking. It burns off.

I do all of my home cooking in a

wok 80%

sauce pan 15%

Pressure cooker 4%

Oven 1% Mmmmm baked squash

Well getting ready to put my house up for sell in a month, already decided that she going to be the one to decorate the house I be buying. also good idea on selling house is my ex pick it and had pick all the color schem in it, nicepart is I'm boing to Buy a real house not a moduluar home.hehehe.

If everything go well I be debt free and loving it

If in a large city check out The Great Indoors (Sears spin-off) or Expo Design Centers (the Home Depot version). Both also have online websites. They have upscale/commercial and regular service appliances, vent hoods etc. Wish I could afford a set of "Viking" appliances. :ph34r: acw

Olive oil has a low flash point so it is not for frying also flax seed.

High temp use such as Chinese wok cooking requires one of these

Lard

Peanut oil

Rape seed (Canola in the U.S.) oil

Cotton seed oil

Soy oil

Sesame oil is used for flavoring or at the end of cooking because it is not a high temp oil.

Hydrogenated is a process to preserve oil and extend rancidity time. This allows distant shipping and long term storage of oil. The draw back is that when heated the oil becomes a carcinogen. Most products made with oil are using hydrogenated. No wonder people get cancer younger these days. Normal consumption of these oils has greatly increased over the past 50 years and gov studies show it takes over 30 to effect the cells.

134930[/snapback]

I remembered her always cooking with a jug of oil with a fish on the front.. smelled really foul. I didn't want to know what kind of oil it was. :blink:

[i remembered her always cooking with  a jug of oil with a fish on the front.. smelled really foul.  I didn't want to know what kind of oil it was.   :o

135313[/snapback]

Label with the gold colored fish? Arawana brand (not sure of the spelling though). Probably the cheapest grade of their "mixed" vegetable oil. Found the odor unpleasant when cooking w/ it. Kind of curious what it is make of. They also produce several types- mixed, soybean, sunflower etc. Also found about 70-80% of the cooking oils here have BIG English lettering as "Soyabean" or "Corn" oils. Then discovered that the fine print was indicating they were JUST BLENDED with such and no percentages of soy or corn oil content nor the remaining type of oils were listed-acw

Okay, I just had to look up "bidet".  (forgive me, I'm from Texas)  So, if you have any visitors from Texas, I just would advise you to put up a sign that it's not a "mini drinking fountain" that just happens to be next to the toilet!

134698[/snapback]

Trevor, I'm from Texas also, as you read a bidet is like a corn cob... only it's Water! :blink: Those wacky Europeans!! :rolleyes:

I'm not buying a house until she gets here. But I was sensitive that she would want to make a mark on our home.

Based on the bedroom furniture photos I had already bought (before we met; Mission style), her sisters told her that I had 'good eye' and I received the go ahead to buy a dining table and chairs. I promised to send photos of my choices for her approval :lol: