What's the coolest place to visit in China?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pass up Hangzhou, West Lake is cool, and they have famous tea house on shore.... check it out!!!

An impossible question to answer. I have spent about 5 months in China (3 trips) and have not even seen much. I enjoyed the old villiages in Anhui Prov., the botanical gardens in Kunming and the river and mountains in Guilin. If you get to Hangzhou be sure to see Lin Bao's bunker and home. It is a beautiful place with his bunker under it. It has a pool for Mao. He was 2nd in command at the time but Mao had him killed in a plane crash with his family as they were escaping to the north.

Qingdao has a nice beach if you are there in the summer and it was part of the German concession so there are German style buildings around. It also has the naval academy which has a muesum attached with many cold war era planes including MIGs of various numbers.

I spent most of my time in Nanjing and it has many parks and attractions.Of course, Beijing is Beijing.

Spring and fall are the best times to visit.

Tibet is one place I really want to get to. If you go there, remember the elevation is high.