You Can Take The Girl Out Of China...

Li is a remarkable lady to say the least. She has adjusted so well to life in America over the past two-plus years. She loves western food and has learned how to cook quite a few dishes.

Still....

We visited the local Chinese restaurant the other night. After some conversation with the owner's wife, she went into the back. About five minutes later, she came out with a bag that had our dinner in it...

Duck Feet! ;)

Give me a goose web anyday! :blink:

Chewy little rascals, those duck feet. :blink: <_< :shutup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the big deal over Duck feet. I'll take Chicken feet any day before Duck. But if they want the feet I'll be glad to finish off the rest of the Duck :lol:

So the workers at the restaurant have their own stash :rolleyes: I always ask Korean restaurant owners at Chinese or American restaurants here if they have any good stuff in the back. That often gets me a kimchi side dish or dried fish yummy.

I don't understand the big deal over Duck feet. I'll take Chicken feet any day before Duck. But if they want the feet I'll be glad to finish off the rest of the Duck  :huh:

So the workers at the restaurant have their own stash  :lol:  I always ask Korean restaurant owners at Chinese or American restaurants here if they have any good stuff in the back. That often gets me a kimchi side dish or dried fish yummy.

134131[/snapback]

And The Black Goat proves once again that he cannot resist talking about food... :rolleyes:

Haven't tried goat feet although the shank is very good stewed. Cows feet are an ingredient of menudo which is common here. Pickled pig's feet has always been a staple item in American bars. They are sold wholesale in large jars that are then left right on the bar..

Haven't tried goat feet although the shank is very good stewed. Cows feet are an ingredient of menudo which is common here. Pickled pig's feet has always been a staple item in American bars. They are sold wholesale in large jars that are then left right on the bar..

134173[/snapback]

pigs feet??? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/31.gif

pickled pigs feet??? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/31.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/31.gif

a staple of american bars??? :rolleyes: :( :D

If I see a pigs foot in a bar, I'm leaving. Especially if it's pickled!!!

134173[/snapback]

Pig's feet jars are pretty common on the grocery shelves here also.

often gets me a kimchi side dish or dried fish yummy.

134131[/snapback]

Hey Kids, don't forget to pick up your Dried Fish Yummies in the candy aisle next to the Gummi Bears and be sure and check inside for your lucky dried fish eyeball inside specially marked packages!!!