We are now trying to get our airline tickets booked- destination point is Chicago. But there are several cheaper flight available if we land in CA first- most of them in San Fransisco- and then transfer. Does anyone have any advice on which POE is better?

It seems to me it'd be better just to go thru immigration in Chicago, since that's where we'll be living..... any suggestions otherwise? I'd also like to hear experiences of people entering thru Chicago recently.

Thanks!

We are now trying to get our airline tickets booked- destination point is Chicago. But there are several cheaper flight available if we land in CA first- most of them in San Fransisco- and then transfer. Does anyone have any advice on which POE is better?

It seems to me it'd be better just to go thru immigration in Chicago, since that's where we'll be living..... any suggestions otherwise? I'd also like to hear experiences of people entering thru Chicago recently.

Thanks!

133901[/snapback]

Keep an eye on the POE poll for comments.. EAD is a big consideration as tony points out there...

We went through SFO with no problems at all. Once you go through immigration at SFO then you will be on a domestic flgiht to the windy so you will be done qwith the POE thing. Chicago huh??? look in general visa and see the pinned midwest egt together---its in my hometown CHICAGO!!

Some say you can get an EAD stamp on her/his visa when you enter through JFK. I'm not sure if they still do that or not. I heard they stopped but....who knows??

Anyone know for sure--recent info??

Typically, I find LAX a lot better than SFO for POE. About 2-3 at LAX and 1 at SFO for me in the past year- I always observe the immigration lines going through and often strike up a conversation w/ K-visa folks and they have EVEN beat me out of the customs area (Slow baggage issue). BTW: Ex-wife was GRILLED for 6 hours at SFO years back- maybe that's my dislike of it.

Another concept is that I now buy one way tickets here in China to LAX ONLY then I book my flight from LAX to home w/ Southwest or Americawest online. Saves me about $300-400 over booking the entire flight (to final destination) with an agent. acw

Typically, I find LAX a lot better than SFO for POE. About 2-3 at LAX and 1 at SFO for me in the past year- I always observe the immigration lines going through and often strike up a conversation w/ K-visa folks and they have EVEN beat me out of the customs area (Slow baggage issue). BTW: Ex-wife was GRILLED for 6 hours at SFO years back- maybe that's my dislike of it.

Another concept is that I now buy one way tickets here in China to LAX ONLY then I book my flight from LAX to home w/ Southwest or Americawest online. Saves me about $300-400 over booking the entire flight (to final destination) with an agent. acw

133998[/snapback]

After my wife arrives, and we travel back and forth to china, is she still considered foreinger for immigration check on return to usa?

133998[/snapback]

After my wife arrives, and we travel back and forth to china, is she still considered foreinger for immigration check on return to usa?

135006[/snapback]

Yup, she will still carry a chinese passport and will go through the immigrant line--but not the 'new immigrant' line. Hey, the good news is she won't need a visa to enter china--the bad news is-you will!!

133998[/snapback]

135006[/snapback]

Yup, she will still carry a chinese passport and will go through the immigrant line--but not the 'new immigrant' line. Hey, the good news is she won't need a visa to enter china--the bad news is-you will!!

135010[/snapback]

She would be a CR-1 and should have a green card. Green card holder probably can't go on the USA citizen line by herself. If the American spouse is travelled with her, then it might be fine to go together at the USA citizen line.