TheWorkNumber experiences

My company will not write me a letter of employment/salary verification, so I will have to go with the third party company TheWorkNumber.

Here is a recent thread on this: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?sho...l=theworknumber

Since not much was resolved in that thread, i thought I would revisit the discussion and see if anyone has had any luck using WorkNumber printouts. HR is pretty uncooperative here, but I might be able to get my supervisor to sign a letter that I write up myself. Would this be a better alternative?

Thanks!

Why wouldn't they write an employment letter? As HR I do it all the time as it is required for employee immigration issues, financing and other things. Sometimes companies just say write one and I'll sign it. You might do that and ask your supervisor to sign. Over the years I've written several hundred of them. Maybe you asked the wrong person and they just don't want to be bothered.

Why wouldn't they write an employment letter? As HR I do it all the time as it is required for employee immigration issues, financing and other things. Sometimes companies just say write one and I'll sign it. You might do that and ask your supervisor to sign. Over the years I've written several hundred of them. Maybe you asked the wrong person and they just don't want to be bothered.

133785[/snapback]

my HR department is horrendous. I can easily try to go internal, by talking to my supervisor, i think. He will have to sign it, instead of HR though. Do you see that as a problem?

Guest ShaQuaNew
My company will not write me a letter of employment/salary verification, so I will have to go with the third party company TheWorkNumber.

Very surprising that any company would not write you this letter. Seems pretty cheesy, and perhaps even vindictive toward you personally. You might try the assertive approach Dan suggested and draft your own short letter, short and to the point. Then, if your boss continues to deny assistance, quietly triangulate him or her by nicely speaking to your HR department directly. Sometimes someone may feel they are too busy to take the time for such things, and if you have a letter in hand that accurately states your employment situation and salary, it could help. Certainly worth a try.

J & L

Very surprising that any company would not write you this letter. Seems pretty cheesy, and perhaps even vindictive toward you personally. You might try the assertive approach Dan suggested and draft your own short letter, short and to the point. Then, if your boss continues to deny assistance, quietly triangulate him or her by nicely speaking to your HR department directly. Sometimes someone may feel they are too busy to take the time for such things, and if you have a letter in hand that accurately states your employment situation and salary, it could help. Certainly worth a try.

J & L

133792[/snapback]

yea, my supervisor will help me out, no problem. the main problem is that HR is filled with so much bureacracy and the people running it refuse to help anyone out. Just today, I went to ask HR about the leave of absence process i'm going through, and she was too busy listening to a radio show and told me she'll call me later. It has been 2 hours and no response. I always thought the embassy was the most difficult people to deal with, but right now, i'm getting the runaround with my own company!!!

in any case, if the supervisor can sign the letter, i'll be all set. Now I gotta go look for company letterhead :unsure:

my HR department is horrendous.  I can easily try to go internal, by talking to my supervisor, i think.  He will have to sign it, instead of HR though.  Do you see that as a problem?

133791[/snapback]

My HR dept. isn't much better but I have always been able to get an employment letter from them.

A letter drafted by yourself should work just as long as your supervisor signs it.

The letter only needs to state your name, length of employment, and current salary.

I know on the I-134 instructions, it says also to state whether the employment is temporary or permanent but I had never added such statement on any of the letters I have had drawn up.

And try to get it on company letterhead.

-good luck

My HR dept. isn't much better but I have always been able to get an employment letter from them.

A letter drafted by yourself should work just as long as your supervisor signs it.

The letter only needs to state your name, length of employment, and current salary.

I know on the I-134 instructions, it says also to state whether the employment is temporary or permanent but I had never added such statement on any of the letters I have had drawn up.

And try to get it on company letterhead.

-good luck

133860[/snapback]

Thanks... yea i'll also have to add the info that I will be on a leave of absence with a return date of xx/xx/xx. I'll talk to my supervisor this week, and try to get a hold of some company letterhead :D

GUZ is not checking the managerial chain of your company. The supervisor's sig will be fine using his/her title. I would add that you are permanent as this is a classification of employment not a guarantee of employment. They do want to know that you are not temporary but long term which is called permanent.

GUZ is not checking the managerial chain of your company. The supervisor's sig will be fine using his/her title. I would add that you are permanent as this is a classification of employment not a guarantee of employment. They do want to know that you are not temporary but long term which is called permanent.

133930[/snapback]

Dan, good advice...

For K1 the chance of GZ even asking to look at your financial data is slim---do bring it though. the chnace that they will look at it and question a letter signed by your boss---no matter who typed is are almost nill. generaly, if they look at anything, they look at the form you sign and have notarized and maybe--just maybe your tax forms.

Well this thread is certainly fortuitous, as I am beginning to prepare the last mount of documents that GUZ may want to have a look at. So far, I got my bank sending a copy of all my bank statements from the last 13 months. I am also going to dig up my 401K info, my last 12 months of pay stubs, finally I will get an employment letter. I already have my last 3 years tax returns. I am planning to get my I-134 notarized at the end of this month.

Well this thread is certainly fortuitous, as I am beginning to prepare the last mount of documents that GUZ may want to have a look at. So far, I got my bank sending a copy of all my bank statements from the last 13 months. I am also going to dig up my 401K info, my last 12 months of pay stubs, finally I will get an employment letter. I already have my last 3 years tax returns. I am planning to get my I-134 notarized at the end of this month.

133951[/snapback]

When I sent in my financial support information, I was told that if my annual pay was over the 125% limit, documents such as bank statements, 401k's, life insurance and other similar items are not required. In fact the person told me they would probably not be looked at unless there is some question as to the validity of your employment.

The only required items were the I-864, copies of your tax returns for the last three years, W-2's and the letter verifying your employment.

She said anything more can delay your case or be a waste of time on your part to collect and send it.

When I sent in my financial support information, I was told that if my annual pay was over the 125% limit, documents such as bank statements, 401k's, life insurance and other similar items are not required.  In fact the person told me they would probably not be looked at unless there is some question as to the validity of your employment. 

The only required items were the I-864, copies of your tax returns for the last three years, W-2's and the letter verifying your employment.

She said anything more can delay your case or be a waste of time on your part to collect and send it.

133967[/snapback]

Are you talking about a K1 interview in GUZ?

Sounds like your talking AOS in US or CR1 ??