has anyone had this happen

On Jan 10 2003 i called dos and spoke with sara about the status of are case.She informed me that are case had been cleared and sent to GV. On

Jan 29 my finacee received a email saying . Dear Applicant thanks for your email. We will schedule the applicant for a visa interview once the

the necessary clearences are completed.As you are aware, a recent change

in stateside clearence procedures is delaying all immigrant visa processing

in China. PLease be assured that as soon as we receive a response for your case we notify the applicant by mailing him/her an appointment packet. After receiving this email i called back dos and spoke with sara again.She informed me that GV had opened the clearence on Jan 11 and has put a hold on it. I asked why this has has happened and she sayed that she did not know why. My question is there more than one clearance

that needs to be done?I dont understand why this has happen please help.

Just when you think you have heard every possible problem that can block the pipeline, up pops another one. Thanks for posting this, it is vital information for all of us.

Now we know that if DoS sends the clearance back, GZ can put a hold on the clearance. What the hell is going on here? Believe me, from the experiences we have had today dealing with trying to set up an appointment in GZ, I now believe that nothing is beyond the reach of their capacity to slow things down.

The only possible thing I can think of is that they might be putting everything on hold until after the holiday. As has been mentioned before, although the holiday for the Consulate begins on the 1st of February, in most of the staff's mind, they are already on holiday. What irks me the most is they lied to you by not telling you they put a block on your clearance. To me this is just another indignity, heaped upon an Everest of indignities. :( :angry: