This morning I called DOS and was informed that my wife's interview is scheduled for August 25th. Just to make sure I called them back and spoke to a different person who confirmed the same information. I immediately called my wife who was hoping for a late July or early August date but was nonetheless estatic that we at least had a date. For everyones information the date on the P-3 letter was 03-08 and the P-3 was finally entered into the Great Guz's computer on 03-23. Also, for those of you in the early stages, I filed the I-130 and I-129 in the middle of April 2004 and was never at any stage asked for additional information. So, presuming she gets the Visa, this whole process will have taken 16 very long months. By the way, has anyone out there been to Guilin, China? We are thinking of going there to relax after she gets the Visa. Good luck to everyone and yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. :lol:

Great news! I well remember that elation of getting P-4. Along with it goes the trepidation of the interview itself..Kind a joy mixed with fear kind of feeling.

I went to Guilin my first trip to China. I loved it. Walking along the river at night listening to the bamboo flute music and looking at the lights in the trees were some of the most romantic moments of my life.

Congrats;)

Just so that you know, I am currently living here in Nanning while waiting for the SO to get her Visa, (P4) and right now, as of today, Guailin is Under some extram heavy flooding. Most of the Guangxi &other provinces that are NE of here are in some realy bad shape. 200 railway lines have been closed along with hundreds of bus line routes due to both Flooding & landslides. Nanning is currently watching the river her very closely now as they are saying that if we contiune to get another weeks worth of heavy rain, the river will surely over through the Levy that protects the city.

Many of the surrounding areas are currently under water, & an out break of some kind of Flue is beginning to emerge. Me & the mrs here began to get it but thank god I brought my entire bathrooms medicine closet with me, and probably half of wal mart, LOL After noticing what was about to take place, I forced her to begin taking the american remedies & after it was all said & done (34 hrs) all she could say was, "Wo0- Honey, the medicine made quickly..... I wonder how." LOL I told her that although many of the medicines the chinese devloped, the americans fine tuned it into super drugs, LOL

Any way, if you are comming into Nanning, check the weather before leaving. As you may come into the airport by plane, but you might be leaving the terminal by boat as our guests are having to do now.

:)

When you go to Guilin, if the river is not flooding or the water level is low I highly recommend the trip down the Lijiang to Yangshuo. The tourist boat from Guilin to Yangshuo is a little pricey and usually crowded. My wife bargained for a tour on a small diesel powered boat in Yangshuo for only $10 for more than an hour, and only the two of us besides the Captain. As a plus we got many quality photos together.