Easier Visa Approvals?

Because Moon's papers ended up on the bottom of the pile on somebody's desk she did not get fingerprinted until after 10:30. Consequently, she was told to "wait for the interview, you don't need to leave and return."

Interview went like this:

VO: please give me your passport

ans: Here it is and also my fiance's passport

VO: Oh, your fiance is here?

ans: Yes, he is waiting for me outside

VO: too bad it is raining so hard.

VO: How did you meet?

ans: on the Internet

VO: What is his work?

ans: the answer

VO: How long has he done this?

ans: 5 years

VO: Where does he live?

ans: USA, California

VO: Oh, it is very nice there

VO: asked a question she did not hear or understand

ans: Sorry, pardon? Do you want to see the photos?

VO: asked a different way....

ans: Oh, you want to see the 134?

VO: yes

ans: she gave him the package of 134, including taxes, bank letters, etc & my certification of all these documents.

He apparently only looked at page 1 and 2 of the 134

VO: something she did not understand

ans: Sorry, pardon? It is very noisy here.

VO: In Chinese: "you pass" and he returned the 134 package

She came out about 11:50. She said she had to wait for her interview and the fingerprinting for groups of old people and groups of babies.

Any lady who was fingerprinted before 10:30 was told to return at 1:30.

Two men paid some ladies 50 yuan per person for a front spot in the line. This does not help at all. The cases are assigned randomly after you enter the building. This has been discussed here before.

There are ten ladies going for interviews today from our hotel. One lady did not pass. She cannot speak English and apparently used a paid translator to fill out her paperwork. When the translator asked "Can you speak English? she said "a little." She also said my fiance can speak "a little Chinese."

This was a big mistake.

Apparently the translator put this down in writing on the application as yes and yes. Now this lady must provide a VHS tape of her speaking English for 5 minutes and another VHS tape of her fiance speaking Chinese.

Three other ladies passed saying "it was easy" One lady, who appeared very nervous, had a VO who was a "frowning black woman" who passed her.

The Pearl River is at flood stage, the highest in 50 years. The Shamian #3 Post Office Street and White Swan Hotel back door street are under 1-3 feet of water. Apparently the Embassy is open but many flights from GUZ have been delayed or canceled.

The Pearl River is at flood stage, the highest in 50 years.  The Shamian #3  Post Office Street and White Swan Hotel back door street are under 1-3 feet of water.  Apparently the Embassy is open but many flights from GUZ have been delayed or canceled.

CONGRATS On the interview and Thanks for posting the questions.

I hate to steal your thunder but weather does seem to be a problem getting in/out of Guz.

Just read on the Guangdong news on line- 20,000 people stranded or turned back on the Beijing to Hong Kong rail and "thousands" stranded at the GUZ airport. Forecast: MAYBE it will let up this weekend. acw

Hey if your SO wants to make a little extra money she can sell her place in line. I find that hillarious that these clowns paid money for the front of the line just to be called at random once inside. Congratulations. Now get her home.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :o :D :P

When we went back at 1:00, a lady tried to tell us we didn't have to stand in line again because we had earlier, so her place-holders would have a better spot to try to sell. I read through her and told her we were happy where we were. It's pretty easy to tell the interviewee's from the vultures.