My predicament

Ok, my lao po has a business in China that she is keeping, so she needs to be able to go back easily. I filed for K3 cause that is usually faster and ends up giving her a multi-entry visa. But, it seem the I-130 is moving faster then the K3.

Few questions:

Is advance parole that hard to get and does it look that bad if you ask for it a number of times? If so, should I try to keep the K3 instead of the CR-1?

Also the IV bill I just recieved is for the CR-1 not the K3 correct? $760 for my wife and her daughter! Ouch! But anything to be together.

No AP (advance parole) is needed for K3/K4 nor CR1... THe former is a 2 year multi-entry visa; the latter is an immigrant visa and bestows permanent residency...

Concerning the CR1 fee.. I assume you submitted a I-130 on behalf of the daughter, for CR2 ?

The fee is $380 per visa...

FYI: You have to have proof of full custody for CR2...

Anyone, please correct if wrong...

Few questions:

Is advance parole that hard to get and does it look that bad if you ask for it a number of times?  If so, should I try to keep the K3 instead of the CR-1?

Also the IV bill I just recieved is for the CR-1 not the K3 correct?  $760 for my wife and her daughter!  Ouch!  But anything to be together.

No advance parole is required for the CR-1 and CR-2. They will get a LPR "Green card". Pretty much free to come and go (prolonged absences- exceeding 1 year and other conditions would apply if US citizenship is later desired). As to the $760 cost at NVC it is a case of pay me now (CR1/2) OR pay me later (K-3/4). I believe it is slightly cheaper for the CR-1 path. acw

I did file the I-130 for both of them. We do have the Court papers showing my wife as having full custody. I thought once you get to the US on the Immigrant Visa you basically had to stay until you recieved your Green card, which took about 2 years.

From what I understand now, once she passes the interview and gets her IV she comes here, files for AOS?, then can come and go as long as it isnt for more then 1 year?

I did file the I-130 for both of them.  We do have the Court papers showing my wife as having full custody.  I thought once you get to the US on the Immigrant Visa you basically had to stay until you recieved your Green card, which took about 2 years.

From what I understand now, once she passes the interview and gets her IV she comes here, files for AOS?, then can come and go as long as it isnt for more then 1 year?

If she comes on CR1, then no AOS.. she enters as a permanent resident with greencard...

I did file the I-130 for both of them.  We do have the Court papers showing my wife as having full custody.  I thought once you get to the US on the Immigrant Visa you basically had to stay until you recieved your Green card, which took about 2 years.

If she comes on CR1, then no AOS.. she enters as a permanent resident with greencard...

Yes, I also think sometimes that is why the CR-1 seems to take longer. The benny is that she comes and gets green card, instead of the rest of the government run around.

I did file the I-130 for both of them.  We do have the Court papers showing my wife as having full custody.  I thought once you get to the US on the Immigrant Visa you basically had to stay until you recieved your Green card, which took about 2 years.

Yes, I also think sometimes that is why the CR-1 seems to take longer. The benny is that she comes and gets green card, instead of the rest of the government run around.

I agree from a process flow ... there are more steps... but there are some shortcuts to take, so it seems, if one is willing to try them.

Wow, I got some wires crossed somewhere.  But at least this was thinking it was harder then it was instead of harder then I thought.  Still now picnic though.  Thanks again!

Hey Chad,

Just to be sure on one subject: BOTH your wife's and daughter's I-130's are at the same stage at NVC, correct??? acw