Mailing the I-129F

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Well, so begins my saga of learning the proper procedure of mailing Fiance Petition Documents.

After spending over a month intently collecting the required documentation to file the I-129F petition, I had finally completed the compilation and was ready to mail. I had the address and package and promptly proceeded to the Federal Express Office, where I stood in line to get it overnighted to the Texas Service Center.

There, the clerk told me that Federal Express does NOT deliver to PO boxes, but only physical addresses. I would have to use the US postal service to mail it. So, I waited out the weekend, and took it to the Post Office first thing last Monday morning, 6/6/2005. I wanted to track and confirm the package throughout it's process, but the clerk sold me the incorrect mailing package. He picked Priority Mail with signature confirmation, instead of Express Mail. I was told the the Priority Mail would take 2-3 days to arrive and I would be able to track the package and get confirmation upon it's delivery.

Well, not so. I am not able to track the package, and have yet to receive confirmation of it's delivery. So, let's see....I mailed the package early morning of 6/6/2005. Today it's 6/13/2005 and no confirmation, and no proof of delivery. Very frustrating. Just a piece of information for those that correspond via US Mail to always make sure that you Express Mail and have tracking proof.

Right now I have no way of knowing whether my package, with hours invested in creation, has arrived, is lost, or whatever....

...burning up....

J & L

Did you send a personal check? This will get cashed soon...

If your not sure address is correct, you can share it here and others will confirm...

Now, there's a chair that spits out of USCIS with your name on it... whenever the I-129F is mailed... It' will get to you before the confirmation.. It will come whether you've been 'naughty or nice'... :greenblob:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yes...there was a personal check included with the package so that is another way to track. I live in Florida so the USCIS Website directed that all I-129F packages be mailed to:

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

Also, yes....I do have a signature confirmation number for the package, but am told that delivery confirmation only happens when someone signs for the package. I don't have great confidence that the US postal service is requiring that the pickup person for the USCIS sign every package. If they don't sign, I will have no confirmation that the package arrived at it's destination. Yes..a bit more patience is needed on my part for sure, but next time I will send only by Express Mail.

I'm reading on the USPS.com site that if you print your own label for a package, that it will have tracking capability though....

J & L

Yes...there was a personal check included with the package so that is another way to track. I live in Florida so the USCIS Website directed that all I-129F packages be mailed to:

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

Also, yes....I do have a signature confirmation number for the package, but am told that delivery confirmation only happens when someone signs for the package. I don't have great confidence that the US postal service is requiring that the pickup person for the USCIS sign every package. If they don't sign, I will have no confirmation that the package arrived at it's destination. Yes..a bit more patience is needed on my part for sure, but next time I will send only by Express Mail.

I'm reading on the USPS.com site that if you print your own label for a package, that it will have tracking capability though....

J & L

Yes, Texas is correct for Florida.. although , just so you are not surprised, K1s are being forwarded to CSC in California.. so your NOA1 stating the application is received will come from CA...

Nice info on the mailing options.. thanks and sorry you found out the hard way !

I always send my paperwork and any fees paid registered mail with a return reciept. That way I know it was delivered and signed for. I have had no trouble from the USPS about it being a post office box. It is cheaper than using UPS or Fed EX and worth the effort.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'm confused here, perhaps someone can help. Are you telling me that when the USCIS requests everyone to mail the I-129F package to the Texas Service Center (TSC), that they are forwarding the package to California?

How does that work? Do they open the mail and intiate the case and forward, or simply send on to CA?

Also, I sent the package by US Mail Priority. You can purchase an additional feature that requires the one the picks up the package to sign for it (US Postal Signature Confirmation). That was $1.80. With it, you get a receipt with a number that enables you to go online to check if the package has been picked up. To be sure, I will not use this feature alone in the future. One surrenders a lot when you cannot see arrival and departure scans of the package.

Still, after 8 days, I would have expected to see delivery confirmation.

J & L :huh:

I'm confused here, perhaps someone can help. Are you telling me that when the USCIS requests everyone to mail the I-129F package to the Texas Service Center (TSC), that they are forwarding the package to California?

How does that work? Do they open the mail and intiate the case and forward, or simply send on to CA?

Also, I sent the package by US Mail Priority. You can purchase an additional feature that requires the one the picks up the package to sign for it (US Postal Signature Confirmation). That was $1.80. With it, you get a receipt with a number that enables you to go online to check if the package has been picked up. To be sure, I will not use this feature alone in the future. One surrenders a lot when you cannot see arrival and departure scans of the package.

Still, after 8 days, I would have expected to see delivery confirmation.

J & L :huh:

You mail the application to the proper regional visa center.. I sent my to Vermont Service Center (VSC), since I live in the Northeast... but, more recently, Texas and Nebraska centers have also been sending to CSC (California Visa Center).

Not sure what happens at which one.. maybe when your check is cashed you can tell us (once you see it) which state did the cashing.. that will offer a hint of who opened the package !

Well, so begins my saga of learning the proper procedure of mailing Fiance Petition Documents.

After spending over a month intently collecting the required documentation to file the I-129F petition, I had finally completed the compilation and was ready to mail. I had the address and package and promptly proceeded to the Federal Express Office, where I stood in line to get it overnighted to the Texas Service Center.

There, the clerk told me that Federal Express does NOT deliver to PO boxes, but only physical addresses. I would have to use the US postal service to mail it. So, I waited out the weekend, and took it to the Post Office first thing last Monday morning, 6/6/2005. I wanted to track and confirm the package throughout it's process, but the clerk sold me the incorrect mailing package. He picked Priority Mail with signature confirmation, instead of Express Mail. I was told the the Priority Mail would take 2-3 days to arrive and I would be able to track the package and get confirmation upon it's delivery.

Well, not so. I am not able to track the package, and have yet to receive confirmation of it's delivery. So, let's see....I mailed the package early morning of 6/6/2005. Today it's 6/13/2005 and no confirmation, and no proof of delivery. Very frustrating. Just a piece of information for those that correspond via US Mail to always make sure that you Express Mail and have tracking proof.

Right now I have no way of knowing whether my package, with hours invested in creation, has arrived, is lost, or whatever....

...burning up....

J & L

Always keep extra copies of everything.

Don't worry, it's only Monday.

Just watch for the check to clear then you will be on your way.

P.O. Box 850965

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

J & L

I went and looked at Visa Journey to see their TSC forum... While there is rumor of TSC starting K1 processing again, there's no real evidence. So for now, seems that TSC and NSC are still sending K1s to CSC.

If TSC was processing, I think you'd easily have the NOA1 by now... so it's just going to be in the CSC funnel...

One interesting note was that someones timeline there showed the NOA1 date as before the date of their check being cashed !

So, in each case, it's hard to tell which one will come first (NOA1 or checked showing it is cashed).

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks for the followup David....

You know, there is something fishy going on somewhere. I've checked the USPS.com for signature approval every day since mailing the I-129F on 6/6/2005. Nothing, as of today 6/16/2005. Also, I've checked my bank online to see if the check had been cashed, and nothing there either.

So, there are only three things that I can see as are happening right now:

1. TSC received the package but failed to sign and has yet to cash the check

2. Something funny is happening as far as the mail being redirected...

3. The package was simply lost in the mail....

I'm inclined to think that it's VERY UNLIKELY that the package was lost. Still, after all this time you'd think I would have heard at least a peep by now.

J & L

Thanks for the followup David....

You know, there is something fishy going on somewhere. I've checked the USPS.com for signature approval every day since mailing the I-129F on 6/6/2005. Nothing, as of today 6/16/2005. Also, I've checked my bank online to see if the check had been cashed, and nothing there either.

So, there are only three things that I can see as are happening right now:

1. TSC received the package but failed to sign and has yet to cash the check

2. Something funny is happening as far as the mail being redirected...

3. The package was simply lost in the mail....

I'm inclined to think that it's VERY UNLIKELY that the package was lost. Still, after all this time you'd think I would have heard at least a peep by now.

J & L

As Dan mentioned in the other thread that it's hardly been that many business days.

Today would make about 8 business days since mailing.. but you got to take off two for shipping/delivery/sorting to TSC.. then it gets sent to CSC.. there's a few days... Put into a pile for FIFO (first in, first out ) ...

MY gut says that CSC will cash the check based on my previous comment.. if it can be dated after the NOA1 (which comes from CSC).

I vote for :

4. It's taking its sweet VISA time to get passed around the centers...

The NOA1 is can take up to several weeks, although usually not.. it's just too early to count it as a problem..

Guest ShaQuaNew

You know.....I've been reading so many threads where you all have been waiting, and waiting, then after one finishes waiting, they wait some more. Seems like when that is done one must wait to hear from a faceless and nameless person.

I'm just beginning this journey so it's great to have you all here to get information as to what might be happening. Bottom line is, I gotta wait.....Yikes....Don't you just hate WAITING!!

;) :)

Lan and I are in this for the long haul

J & L

You know.....I've been reading so many threads where you all have been waiting, and waiting, then after one finishes waiting, they wait some more. Seems like when that is done one must wait to hear from a faceless and nameless person.

I'm just beginning this journey so it's  great to have you all here to get information as to what might be happening. Bottom line is, I gotta wait.....Yikes....Don't you just hate WAITING!!

;)  :blink:

Lan and I are in this for the long haul

J & L

Might as well plan a few vacations and enjoy the wait.

You can also get the P3 & P4 stuff ready too.