Internet contact with wife

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If both sides have skype on a computer , the talking is free...   the quality has been good for me, better than when  I use skype to call her cell phone ...

hmm, i guess i don't remember if i used skype to phone... i haven't used skype at all in a while, and i know it's evolved a lot. is this a new feature? how much does it cost?

even when we used skype computer to computer, it wasn't too good. i guess i think's it b/c of the network she is on at her school isn't very good. it's quite unreliable.

we use yahoo and msn, and now skype which is a very good quality. We talk on the phone twice a day sometimes. I use firstphonecard 2 cents a minute and pinless, rechargable and speed dial. I have never had any problems with their phone service. Yes my wife wants to see the house with the webcam and now all over with my wireless laptop. She always tells me leave the mess i will do it when i am there.

mark :ph34r:

Well hello B)

I finally struck on something interesting :rolleyes: This is how we started, it is the glue that keeps us together. I wonder sometimes, does everyone know how important this is?

Apparently, I am not the only one that has figured this out. I am starting to see some similarities. Excuess my spelling. I feel better knowing we are not the only ones going through this.

It is good to hear I am not the only one that enjoys' my nights on messenger. How in this day and age, can the government not acknowlege the importance of internet ?

Ken

Jenny for some reason doesn't want to use IM chats. Don't know exactly why, but we email every day and I call her every other day using pincity and talk a couple hours. Her English is pretty good, so we have some length discussions. Used to use Bigzoo because it allowed her to originate a call using my card. Pincity allows the same. When I checked with onesuite, didn't see that feature.

Unfortunately, I only have Win98 and Skype requires XP.

well there you go!

I have a phone card, can call my wife for 2 cents a minute, 49 cents to connect. I love hearing her voice. it makes me feel warm in my heart :rolleyes: But we can talk to each other frequently over internet.

Sometimes I wonder, if this isn't causing problems. I don't feel as there can be a perfect answer to this problem. I love my wife, she loves me. Does messenger get in the way?

Ken

Used to use Bigzoo because it allowed her to originate a call using my  card. Pincity allows the same. When I checked with onesuite, didn't see that feature.

this feature does sound quite useful... there have been a few times where this really would have come in handy for us. :rolleyes: maybe i could still set up an account when edith gets here for her and her mom... just to make it easier for those two to communicate.

how has the quality been with bigzoo and pincity?

Ying and I use MSN, Yahoo or Skype, depending on which one is best at the time. Lately Skype has started off good, but after a half hour or so it begins to deteriorate. The advantage of MSN and Yahoo is the webcam function, so Ying and I can see each other....that in itself is worth more than you could ever imagine.

If both sides have skype on a computer , the talking is free...   the quality has been good for me, better than when  I use skype to call her cell phone ...

hmm, i guess i don't remember if i used skype to phone... i haven't used skype at all in a while, and i know it's evolved a lot. is this a new feature? how much does it cost?

even when we used skype computer to computer, it wasn't too good. i guess i think's it b/c of the network she is on at her school isn't very good. it's quite unreliable.

skype for calling a phone or cell in China= $0.029 / min

Used to use Bigzoo because it allowed her to originate a call using my  card. Pincity allows the same. When I checked with onesuite, didn't see that feature.

this feature does sound quite useful... there have been a few times where this really would have come in handy for us. :rolleyes: maybe i could still set up an account when edith gets here for her and her mom... just to make it easier for those two to communicate.

how has the quality been with bigzoo and pincity?

quality has been ok. I'm looking into using Broadvoice since calls to China are free. Have used Vonage for past 4 years with good success.