Interview Question

Hi,

My SO's interview is scheduled for 6/14/05. I just sent her my package of suppporting documentation. In terms of phone records, I been using phone cards for the past year but I've been saving them. I call her a lot through my cell phone to the phone card network but most of the time on evening I call using my home phone. However, I only sent her copies of my cellular phone bill for the past year with a note explaining that I use phone cards. I did not send her copies of my home record.

Is this a potential problem???

Thanks.

i think it really tough to say. it all depends upon the whims of the VO at the time, will he or won't he ask for your phone records? But, for peace of mind, even if he does ask, it might be no big deal. what you have may be sufficient.

i don't think there's much you can do now. so just sit back and hope and pray for the best. :blink:

Surprisingly, correspondence is not often asked for... the two most requested items are photos and financials...

You have what you have.. so she should bring it. Just shows calls to the nextwork and probably not her number , correct?

If you have email exchanges, have them available too...

As long as she is prepared to explain them (if asked for), you've done all you can.

The phone card company I use will e-mail me a copy of my records within about 30 minutes of my request including the date, number called, number called from and number of minutes the call lasted. Call your customer information line and ask them to e-mail the records to her, if they have any.

Otherwise, I agree with the previous post- don't worry too much about it.

I was very concerned about this, because all I had was cheap $5 phone cards from the gas station(No record available). No other phone records because I have years ago cancelled my long distance service. (Who uses this anymore with 2 cents a minute phone cards?),. So I wrote the following letter and signed it and had it in front of all the original phone cards taped six per sheet of paper at the Interview. It was not asked for. I had provide a copy of the phone cards used in my original I-129f submission, with a short note explaining the same thing.

MY NAME

MYADDRESS

DATE

US Consulate Guangzhou

RE: MY FIANCE, GUZ-2004-XXXXXX

Attached: Phone cards

Dear Honorable American Consulate of Guangzhou:

It is my understanding that phone records are sometimes requested as evidence of a relationship. I have provided the phone cards I have used to call MY FIANCE in China from when we first started talking on line in DATE WE MET ONLINE until INTERVIEW. There is simply no way one could afford to call China without the use of phone cards, which do not provide a printout as the time is prepaid. I regularly call MY FIANCE'S NAME either on her day off from work once a week, or most mornings to wake her up before going to work as that best fits our differences in time zones. These are the original phone card I used to call her only.

If you have any questions, I will be waiting outside the consulate during my fiancé's interview on DATE and will be available if needed. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I used the cheap phone cards as well. At a Hispanic market they had a card "Dallas Central", that averaged out to 8/10th's of a cent a minute, but no record. We took a 2 inch stack to the interview, but weren't asked either. Like nooneufo, my I-129F submission was 42 pages. But unfortunately the majority of us had not found CFL in the early stages which I believe are very critical to the VO's first impression. I still recommend the "better safe than sorry" approach to the interview with tons of organized evidence. I wonder what the record is (by pound) that an SO has packed into the Embassy?

I would suggest that phone records are not that important. Pictures of the two of you together or letters or print outs of chats and e mails will be better than phone records. My Amy was not asked for phone records, which is the case for most of the people I am aware of, but she was asked for pictures.

Hope this helps!

I used phone cards that don't give a record of the phone calls, until a month ago. So for 10 months, I only have record of those calling card purchases. Only the last 6 weeks I use calling card with record of phone calls, and at unbelievable 2.2 cents/min - lowest rate I ever found. But I also have a few emails to my laopo referring to those calling cards, each time bragging how I found lower rate phone cards and about the quality of the connections.