Conducting the interview in Chinese

As our own day draws near, I think Jennifer only faces one potential problem, language. I know this is easily over come, and me being there will allow us to deal with this if it becomes a problem. I want to hear form those here who's SO, did the interview in Chinese, and how it went. My thoughts are that I can use the examples to demonstrate to her how it is going to be OK.

As our own day draws near, I think Jennifer only faces one potential problem, language. I know this is easily over come, and me being there will allow us to deal with this if it becomes a problem. I want to hear form those here who's SO, did the interview in Chinese, and how it went. My thoughts are that I can use the examples to demonstrate to her how it is going to be OK.

This is my #1 concern for Zixuan... that was my motivation to collect and study the interviews...

An interesting thing I noted was that recently I've seen a number of interviews done in chinese.. Often the VO starts in chinese without asking for a language...

I'm not sure if a different trend is occuring, VOs shifting, etc.. but maybe the stigma of no language is not as strong? But I'm sure the VO factor still rules; depends on who you get...

This is my #1 concern for Zixuan... that was my motivation to collect and study the interviews...

An interesting thing I noted was that recently I've seen a number of interviews done in chinese.. Often the VO starts in chinese without asking for a language...

I'm not sure if a different trend is occuring, VOs shifting, etc.. but maybe the stigma of no language is not as strong? But I'm sure the VO factor still rules; depends on who you get...

We're in a similar situation, David. I'm going to China for a visit next month. I've already told my SO that we're going to be doing a lot of rehearsing. She found the idea terribly funny.

I don't think it's going to be a problem, but we're gonig to make a short video just in case. She also thought that idea was terribly funny.

My girl is easily amused. It's one of many things we have in common, and one of many reasons I love her to pieces.

We're in a similar situation, David. I'm going to China for a visit next month. I've already told my SO that we're going to be doing a lot of rehearsing. She found the idea terribly funny.

I don't think it's going to be a problem, but we're gonig to make a short video just in case. She also thought that idea was terribly funny.

My girl is easily amused. It's one of many things we have in common, and one of many reasons I love her to pieces.

WHen I was with Zixuan for two months, we would together in the morning (it was more like a fast walk) and go over interview questions... once she gets the P4, I'll go before the interview and we'll practice some more.

I've long debated what I should do about her lack of english for the interview.. gotten some good advice from DanR... so I appreciate how others help when asked...

The recent interviews that have occurred in Chinese have left me feeling that I leave it to fate.. hope the VO starts in chinese.. but will prepare her to respond if asked about her ability to speak english...

Thanks guys,

This is what I'm after. I plan to log on over there and show her that it has been done to help with the nerves. I'll also try to get her to sign up herself so she can then start cruising around CFL as her own person. I know in advance we both apreciat this and all of the other help here so far. :P

The VO asked Yue if she wanted the interview in English or Chinese. She responded English. After two questions he told her it wasn't working and the rest of the interview was conducted in Chinese. I don't know if it was Cantonese or Mandarin. She speaks both. The interview was 1-05-05.

My wife's interview started off in Mandarin (the VO was a Chinese looking woman). She didn't even know it was the interview until she asked. After a couple of questions, my wife asked if she could continue the interview in English (seemed the VO was a little upset and surprised about this). My wife observed that she might have been the first of the day to use English during the interview. She heard all the other interviews being conducted in Chinese.

Thanks guys,

This is what I'm after. I plan to log on over there and show her that it has been done to help with the nerves. I'll also try to get her to sign up herself so she can then start cruising around CFL as her own person. I know in advance we both apreciat this and all of the other help here so far. B)

Yeah, once you get her signed up you'll never be heard from again. I can see the papers now telling about how you were beat for competing with her for CFL time. :lol: :o :P

Thanks guys,

This is what I'm after. I plan to log on over there and show her that it has been done to help with the nerves. I'll also try to get her to sign up herself so she can then start cruising around CFL as her own person. I know in advance we both apreciat this and all of the other help here so far. B)

Yeah, once you get her signed up you'll never be heard from again. I can see the papers now telling about how you were beat for competing with her for CFL time. :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

What do you mean? <_< I'll get her signed up, and that will be the only place we talk. :lol: Or she will just forbid me from coming here myself any more. :lol: :lol:

The stories our poor ladies hear.

My Xiaomei is convinced that if she can not speak English well that she will not get a visa. So we rehearse these questions each time we speak.

I'm relieved to know that the interview can be conducted in Chinese. However, she'll still hedge her bets and practice the Q & A.

I thought a few months back was to have Zixuan try the interview in english and if she struggled to request the change to chinese.. based on all the recent posts in the last month about interviews in chinese, I now will prepare her to just let the VO direct it... If the VO cannot speak chinese, it's easy to know that quickly... but it seems many of the current VOs are doing the interviews in chinese...

The stories our poor ladies hear.

My Xiaomei is convinced that if she can not speak English well that she will not get a visa.  So we rehearse these questions each time we speak.

I'm relieved to know that the interview can be conducted in Chinese.  However, she'll still hedge her bets and practice the Q & A.

I had read horor stories about that and told Jen. It rewally panicked her. :lol: Since then I have spent many months repairing the damage and this should go a long way to fix it. This will have to go down as yet another reason I am so grateful for CFL. :o