is one hospital prefered in GUZ over the others for doing the medical are maybe I should ask has any one had any problems with any of the hospitals or does one seem to be cleaner or more professional than the others, it seems like I remember reading one time that one of the hospitals was tring to charge more money for tests and shots that were not needed and refusing to sign the paper work if it was not payed.

I heard good comments about this hospital as well.. and they are close to the consulate and hotels...

[CFL]

- Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel, 33 Shamian North Street, on Shamian Island, by the Victory Hotel. It is just down the street from the Consulate. The physical. 800 RMB and 100 RMB extra for one day rush. The other hospital is supposed to be cheaper and a very short taxi ride or walk.

I heard good comments about this hospital as well.. and they are close to the consulate and hotels...

[CFL]

- Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel, 33 Shamian North Street, on Shamian Island, by the Victory Hotel. It is just down the street from the Consulate.  The physical. 800 RMB and 100 RMB extra for one day rush. The other hospital is supposed to be cheaper and a very short taxi ride or walk.

I'm sure this is the one we will go to. Being at the Victory, it's right there, plus I imagine being so close they will be quite used to doing the whole physical thing.

Jingwen was very pleased with Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel - prompt and courteous.

Based on the paperwork trial I believe this one is also authorized to do the vaccinations for a IMMIGRANT CR/IR- 1, visa (if that is appliciable to you)and issue shot and exit booklets. My expertise is with Shanghai Medical though. acw

My wife just recently went through this, so I'll post my experience.

My wife went to the non-Shamian hospital. She was then informed that she needed to have injections done (Not sure about the requirements of these injections. She is CR1 and was told she needed them, at least the first of a set of three injections. The subsequent injections can be gotten in the US.). The only hosptial that does the injections is the one on Shamian. So she had her body check at the non-Shamian hospital, and then she went to the Shamian hospital to have the injections.

But here is the kicker. When she went to the Shamian hospital, they told her that she needed several additional tests that the other hospital did not give her as well as some type of additional certification paper that they were also going to charge her money for.

She went back to the non-Shamian hospital and they said, "Of course those tests are not needed and that additional certification paper is not needed by the US, only a China thing. If the consulate changed their requirements, of course they would immediately be informed of the new requirements." So she did not do the extra tests or get the additional certification paper.

She had her interview and passed. Hopefully she'll have no problem at the border with the body check she got. I haven't read any posts here lately about people getting rejected at the border because of a body check originating at the non-Shamian hospital.

I believe there are other posts that I have read here before about the Shamian hospital ripping people off. But even they rip you off with extra tests and extra certifications, it's only a matter of a few hundred yuan, but it's the principle that counts, right?

We "$eemingly naturally" went to the 600RMB hospital in GZ. It was a short taxi ride, but had no complaints other than the seating area was designed for pygmys.

This would be:

[CFL]

- First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. 600 RMB.

They suggest allowing 4 hours for the exam. You don't need advance appointment. But, you don't get the results back for 3 days, which is standard because they do HIV testing and it takes 3 days for the test to do it's thing. We went Tuesday morning, and the test results were ready for pick up on Friday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
This would be:

[CFL]

- First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College. 600 RMB.

We went to this hospital about 8:00 on Monday June 20. There were several other ladies there at that time, at least 5. It was a 10 rmb taxi ride from the hotel recommended on 001. The boss of the hotel is helpful, honest and friendly.

This place is clean, well run and efficient. All the ladies were finished by 11:00 with instructions to return 1600 on the 3rd day. When we returned at 4:00 each lady was given a number. Then the hospital worker checked all the papers and they were sealed in an embassy envelope.

Some ladies forgot their passport and their appointment letter and had to return to the hotel for them.