Interview Passed

:lol::redblob::D:redblob::P:redblob::greenblob:

I just wanted to post some information regarding my fiancee's interview (Mei). I only slept for 3 hours last night, so I hope I remember all she told me.

She went in morning at 8am and waited about 2 hours before getting her number and submitting her documents. She came back to the consulate a little before 1pm and waited for about an hour an a half before her number was called.

Her interviewer was a caucaian male (she said he was handsome <_< ) and was in his mid-thirties. He started the conversation in Mandarin, but my fiancee responded in English. He resorted to using English after that.

She mentioned that it was cold in the building, so if you are going anytime soon, you should also bring an extra sweater.

From what she told me, these are the interview questions from what I can remember (spoke to her last night). The order may not be accurate.

1. Where did you meet?

2. Where is he born?

3. When was he born?

4. How many times did he come visit you?

5. Where does he work?

6. What does he do?

7. Where did you learn English?

8. When did you finish school? (I think this is the question)

9. ... probably one or two more questions, I can't remember at the moment.

The only thing he asked to see were some Photos, which she had at the time.

I hope this information helps someone.

At first, Mei tricked me and I thought she didn't pass. The feeling was horrible. But in the end, all was relieved as she told me she can pick up the visa on Wednesday at the Post Office.

Good luck to anyone who has Interviews coming up this week!

David

At first, Mei tricked me and I thought she didn't pass. The feeling was horrible.

Congratulations... :wub: :wub:

And yes our Chinese SO's do delight in this kind of humor in which we are left to wriggle helplessly while they are chortling inside... :lol:

:lol: <_< :D :redblob: :P :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

At first, Mei tricked me and I thought she didn't pass. The feeling was horrible.

And yes our Chinese SO's do delight in this kind of humor in which we are left to wriggle helplessly while they are chortling inside... :lol:

:lol: <_< :D :redblob: :P :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

Yes, I feel helpless every time. I'm glad she didn't hold out on me too long. I was sweating like a pig, wondering what we should do next. She said to me "I don't know what the guy said that we needed. I was in shock at the time.". And then she went on to say, that he mentioned to go post office and pick up the Visa. ^_^

:ph34r: :o :blink: :redblob: :lol: :redblob: :lol: :redblob: :lol: :redblob: :lol: :redblob: :o :redblob:

The scary thing is that they are SO good at acting during such a stressful occasion...when CAN'T they pull the wool over our eyes? :lol: