Red light means stop.

Gotta finish the training. Red light mean stop. Green light means go. Yellow light means go faster. :lol:

I sold a 'premo' 1970 Jeepster Commando to finance my first trip to China. A Hardtop half-cab, one of the rarest ones.

I miss that low torque Dauntless 225 but it was well worth it!!

Or do like I did. When my wife was still sitting at the light after it turned green, I said to her, "Are you waiting for a particular shade of green?"............. :lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas guzzler when gas is over $2.13 a gallon here and expensive to insure these cars for new drivers.  

I thought most members said Chinese girls are fugal and not materialistic like American girls.    :lol:  :unsure:

Tony something just doesn't match here. Unless maybe frugal means in Chinese don't spend much on little things, we need big money for big things. :lol:

Yep, exactly right. I wanted to go visit her for a weekend, but she said we need to "save money". In the next breath she outlined several changes whe wanted made to the house ~ $30K :lol:

Gas guzzler when gas is over $2.13 a gallon here and expensive to insure these cars for new drivers. ?

I thought most members said Chinese girls are fugal and not materialistic like American girls. ??D ?lol:

Tony something just doesn't match here. Unless maybe frugal means in Chinese don't spend much on little things, we need big money for big things. :wub:

Yep, exactly right. I wanted to go visit her for a weekend, but she said we need to "save money". In the next breath she outlined several changes whe wanted made to the house ~ $30K B)

Better Call Bob Villa and Norm.

As far as the SUV (jeep) I may go with the Honda CRV.

Good thing I'm not a home owner.

If I get her here before year end I'll save a load on taxes.

We may move to Tenn. and get a trailer next to Trigg.

Gas guzzler when gas is over $2.13 a gallon here and expensive to insure these cars for new drivers.  

I thought most members said Chinese girls are fugal and not materialistic like American girls.    :D  :blink:

Tony something just doesn't match here. Unless maybe frugal means in Chinese don't spend much on little things, we need big money for big things. :lol:

Yep, exactly right. I wanted to go visit her for a weekend, but she said we need to "save money". In the next breath she outlined several changes whe wanted made to the house ~ $30K :lol:

I taught my wife this word a while back "hypocrite". :D

Probably I'm the cheap one in my family. Bing gets after me for buying too many of "these cheap things" instead of buying better quality. Of course she is right as usual. In the long run the cheap things cost you more replacing them.

We have a Jeep Cherokee and now Yirong wants a Wrangler!  She says the Cherokees are called Jeeps in China but so are any simular cars. She did not like my Porsche which I sold last year.

Good heavens, man, sold your Porsche? I love my wife but I'm not sure I could do that for her, if I had one. :blink:

My wife refused to let me buy a porche or even a BMW convertbile. Neither are that expensive here in Hong Kong if you buy used ones. The mileages are very low, cause you can't really drive much. But the parking cost is too high. One guy buys used ones and ship over to Australia to make money. BMW convertible, last one I looked at, 1998, 40k Km, asking 90K Hong Kong. It was a beautiful little two seater. A yellow porche I saw was also such a heart breaker, it was at a car show in Shanghai. Could not afford it. But would definitely buy one a used one if I could get parking space, should I move to live in a less crowded place. Second hand boats, I heard are also pretty good deals here in Hong Kong. Once considered buying one with a partner of mine back in the states to use as our office.

My wife refused to let me buy a porche or even a BMW convertbile.  Neither are that expensive here in Hong Kong if you buy used ones.  The mileages are very low, cause you can't really drive much.  But the parking cost is too high.  One guy buys used ones and ship over to Australia to make money.  BMW convertible, last one I looked at, 1998, 40k Km, asking 90K Hong Kong.  It was a beautiful little two seater.  A yellow porche I saw was also such a heart breaker, it was at a car show in Shanghai.  Could not afford it.  But would definitely buy one a used one if I could get parking space, should I move to live in a less crowded place. Second hand boats, I heard are also pretty good deals here in Hong Kong.  Once considered buying one with a partner of mine back in the states to use as our office.

Man, Tony that little BMW convertible for only $11,500 wow that must have been a real temptation! In HK that would really be fun to drive up on Victoria Peak.

Robert,

Don't take me as one of those hen-pecked guys you see so often on this forum! I sold the Porsche, my canoe and new K2 mt. bike before I went in the hospital last year so she would not have to deal with selling them if I did not make it out.

But, on the other hand, I would do any thing she asks........