Just Talked To DOS, something new

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

I just got off the phone with DOS, and they just told me that our case is already in the system in GUZ, but GUZ can not give out interview date until they have the hard copy sent from NVC, so I asked her how, and she told me that NVC electronically mails the cases to GUZ, and then GUZ then waits for the hard copy to give out the interview date. DOS then tells me that this can take anywhere from 3 days to 6 weeks with DHL and customs (Yeah, like I liked to hear that).

Anyone else ever hear about this.

Also from my understanding with DOS, once they get my hard copies, we will get an interview date, without the rest of the other checks needed.

This is going to be interesting.

Guest blsqueaky
Yes Squeakster, your a trail blazin' son of a gun you are!!!

Yes "OLD MAN"" Maybe when this is all done, I will just change my handle to Lewis and Clark

For me: Other than what DOS told you about skipping namechecks- just another day down on the farm. Mark, this action should give you a little jump on the routine. That is, IF someone is smart enough to realize this fact WHEN your paper copy actually arrives.

A few people here, however, MAY not know about the "E" copy being sent to GUZ first. They (GUZ) will NOT schedule anything until the paper hard copy arrives- often after 3-5 weeks in "customs delay" and a week or two to log it in. acw

This really would be an interesting concept. Maybe they will start doing name checks while waiting for the hard copy. That would mean things could be moved along quicker. Welcome to the electronic age and the 21st century. I'd love to see if this is a new policy and all cases will move a little faster.

Guest blsqueaky
For me: Other than what DOS told you about skipping namechecks- just another day down on the farm. Mark, this action should give you a little jump on the routine. That is, IF someone is smart enough to realize this fact WHEN your paper copy actually arrives.

A few people here, however, MAY not know about the "E" copy being sent to GUZ first. They (GUZ) will NOT schedule anything until the paper hard copy arrives- often after 3-5 weeks in "customs delay" and a week or two to log it in. acw

CR1, here are my thoughts, we have already done the K-3, she cleared and she is here, NVC did not do another one since they did the first one, so I think that GZ will not, but DOS did say that GZ will not to a thing until they get the hard copy. All that I can hope for right now is that our papers were in the 2 that were cleared through customs, and not in the two that are still sitting there.

Like I said, if ours was in the batch that cleared, this could get to be very interesting, and I can completly screw up timelines estimate, and set a new standard. Will keep everyone posted, since like many know, I am the first to try this, K-3 then IR-1

Guest blsqueaky
Does that mean GUZ will assign interview date irregardless of the background check?  That means background check may not be completed by interview.  Heck, how much more time do they need to do background check anyway?

Fred, Ling already had the name check done once, but still they will not give interview until they have the hard copy, but then again, our case is a little different. Waiting to see what the great and wonderful GZ will do on this

Thanks for this info, this might be what is happening with our CR-1 case as well. When I talked to DOS the first thing they said is that an interview had not been scheduled yet, I asked if that means GUZ has our case and they said yes. I never knew they received it electronically. I had just assumed our paperwork had cleared customs. I know our case was either in one of two packages one is "I-730" which has cleared the other "Cycle 17" which hasn't.

Guest blsqueaky
Thanks for this info, this might be what is happening with our CR-1 case as well.  When I talked to DOS the first thing they said is that an interview had not been scheduled yet, I asked if that means GUZ has our case and they said yes.  I never knew they received it electronically.  I had just assumed our paperwork had cleared customs.  I know our case was either in one of two packages one is "I-730" which has cleared the other "Cycle 17" which hasn't.

Hello lynne, there is no rhyme or reason, if you look at my timeline, package sent around Christmas, and arrived there shortly, and that was the hard copy.

On 6-1, I sent GZ an email regarding our status, and for the first time ever, I did not get a reply back in 2-3 days, and right now this has me wondering

On 6-1, I sent GZ an email regarding our status, and for the first time ever, I did not get a reply back in 2-3 days, and right now this has me wondering

I may sound like a broken record: Our record is that Guz has responded to only two of four emails. We had a 13 day wait on one of them. I have sent GUZ a written letter about this in May- so far NO RESPONSE. acw