Does Your Lady Cook Western Food?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one night last year while my wife was still in China and she was avidly reading 001 each day. Some other woman posted on there about her experiences in the USA so far. She said her husband asked her to cook hot dogs every day and that she was putting on weight from this, and (here is the kicker) all Americans eat hot dogs everyday like this. I had to assure Quan that I had not eaten a hot dog for a least the last twenty years or so!

Her next project is trying her hand at cooking on the grill outside. I can't wait.

SHE is using the grill next?

Hold it, wait a minute here. I know the party stance on the wife being in charge but a line still needs to be drawn in the sand here. That's the only domain we got left. Don't touch my grill! It's too complicated and dirty for you dear. :greenblob:

Teaching your SO to make hotdog should be the first lesson in western cooking.

Not wanting to start a politi-religous debate here Tony, but what is the right way? There is boiled, steamed, broiled, grilled, pan fried, fried, baked, griddled, roasted, and microwaved or just cold. Then you can eat them skewered, on a plate, in a bun, wrapped in bacon, baked in dough wraps, corn battered, baked in beans, cut up in eggs.

So, just how would you teach her to make them? Next what is your favorite meat type, beef, beef & pork, beef, pork poultry, chicken or turkey.

Also popular are Knockwurst and kraut ehich is similar to a large hot dog. And this brings up another matter. Should you have it with ketchup, mustard, horseradish, mayo, dill relish, sweet pickle relish, onions, chile con carne, salso, hot sauce, jalipenos or banana chili strips.

Let's try to keep this civil and not draw any blood.

Oh I forgot the soy dog and chorsoyrizo from my list!!!!!1

Oh, I WILL teach her the culinary delight of chorizo and eggs for breakfast (once I find a good Mexican food market here).

As far as soy dogs go, if one ever enters my home, I have a hungry garbage disposal.