I am wondering what the VO sees before the SO gives the afridavit and of support and the photos and telephone, email logs, etc. I had an attorney help me with the I 129 and now that I'm waiting for the P4 I wonder if I should put a few more pictures in the original documents sent if these documents are the first thing that the VO looks at to decide to grant the petition.

After reading these posts I'm wondering if I have enough stuff for the first impression.

Thanks

A lot of people would like to know the answer to that question. There is a lot of speculation that the decision is made before hand. I agree with that speculation but the million dollar question is what in your file does the VO base that decision on. Some people claim a well prepared I-129 F, others say multiple visits to China, others a quota system thus denials at random. Fact is no one knows for sure. It's all speculation. There is no rhyme or reason. No consistancy in the results. Some people go to China once throw together a quick I-129 F and breeze through the system. Others have imaculate paper work from start to finish and make a gazillion trips to China (mooncarolcafe for example) and get run through the wringer. Best advice anyone can give is to do your best, pay attention to detail and be prepared for the worst.

Good luck.

yes..it's old new now, but curiousity does get the best of us! :D

More pictures in the I-129F would not make a big difference, but

(1) to include at least one showing you with family would convey an extra point in my mind..

(2) I think multiple visits prior to the application shows less haste...

(3) and a handwritten note back and forth to establish any english by the SO would be the last item to make the best package in my mind.

Those three items offer the most bang in my book...

With David on that. Although I havent been there yet, so not really knowledgeable. I will just have Lu Jing bring all we can, and hope that a year married, 4 trips, bring my kids there, and my recent suprise anniversary weekend trip will be enough.. but who knows..

:blink:

Seems for most of us this process takes 9 months or longer.  Were I a VO, heaven forbid!,  I would want to see new evidence of a continuing relationship during that time.

VSC is about 8 months.. what's the next fastest?

Photos are often requested by the VOs, but frankly I'm not sure there's a way of knowing they are post-application... subsequent visits is often asked...

I was told that photos with auto printed date stamps visible on the photo face were preferred. Hence, pre or post-application would self-disclose. Granted, in this day of digital everything I suppose the technology exits to print a photo with any desired date.

I was told that photos with auto printed date stamps visible on the photo face were preferred.  Hence, pre or post-application would self-disclose.  Granted, in this day of digital everything I suppose the technology exits to print a photo with any desired date.

good point (on both counts) !

While we are looking at variables that seem important in showing a legitimate relationship, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this (the interview date is getting close, so this is not an unusual occurance now). We are all emphasizing multiple visits, photos, e-mails, phone logs, etc. And of course it seems to help if you are there at the interview time. But what about having your paperwork done by a lawyer? I know there are lots of opinions on the usefulness of paying for a lawyer to do what is essentially pretty simple paperwork, especially with the expertise that is available here. But I am not talking about that as the reason for having lawyer do it. It seems to me that someone who goes to the trouble of hiring a lawyer is showing how serious they are about the relationship. I just wondered if the VO seeing this is positively influenced by it. It seems to me that they would be. Anyone ever collect any data on this?

Middle of the night 'thoughts' usually either have great merit or are born of nightmares....

My 'gut' response is no, a VO would not allow any more merit, a fraud might try everything to appear legit.

I tend to agree..

the bad side is that we've got some stories of lawyers not having provided an advantage but seemingly did some harm... and this is hopeful the exception rather than the rule. That should discourage us from using them, but to carefully check out the lawyer, maybe even ask for references...

What we could maybe learn from the lawyer or visa service 'help' is the professional way in which they submit the applications with a binding, cover letter, etc... if it looks organized at first sight, it wont be as frustrating as getting a shuffled mess of papers.

I read on VJ where a I-129F got ultimately denied after the RFE.. on the surface the person stated they gave all the things ask for (sound familiar, ugh!) ... but my gut says that if the package looks sloopy, they going to ask you to prove something on a deeper more legal level to see if the story is true... regardless if it's a personal thing like "did you meet in the last two years"... we are bound to proving this in a legal sense (with conclusive evidence, etc).

Also, I think that the experience needed with the specific consulate is really key.. and ultimately CFL will have that over most any lawyer or visa service...

I just provided what was asked, and will visit my SO when I want. I won't be there for the interview because she will be in America soon after that. It would be almost a wasted visit that could've been taken earlier to break up the long waiting period.

I won't be there for the interview because she will be in America soon after that.

I also was not planning on going to the Interview until............she said "please meet me there." And, I want to be nearby to see her face after the VO says the magic words that he saw what he wanted to see.