which consulate to apply for visa in I-129F

I believe you can only file that one through a service center in the US. If you were married and a resident of China you could file the I-130 directly through the Shanghai consulate.

Sounds right.. you can review this link that describes "direct consular filing" as for a marriage application only... go to bottom...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=compare

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I assume that you are here in the US and your fiancee lives in Shanghai.

If this is the case you will file with the USCIS here and as I was told do not specify a consulate on line 19 just N/A

All family based visas are isuued through Guangzhou and the NVC will handle that when they issue you a case number

Also there is a meeting of many of the 001 ladies in Shanghai next Sunday if your fiancee could attend I think she could learn a great deal about the process

Thank you all for the input. But I am still not sure what to put on line 19.

Just to clarify my question, line 19 of I-129F is:

Your fiance(e) will apply for a visa abroad at the American embassy or consulate in: City, Country

goneflying, you're right, I'm in the US, my fiancee is in Shanghai. However, based on the I-129F example form at visajourney, it does list a consulate on line 19. May I ask from whom were you told to put N/A on line 19?

Thank you once again.

Thank you all for the input.  But I am still not sure what to put on line 19.

Just to clarify my question, line 19 of I-129F is:

Your fiance(e) will apply for a visa abroad at the American embassy or consulate in:  City, Country

goneflying, you're right, I'm in the US, my fiancee is in Shanghai.  However, based on the I-129F example form at visajourney, it does list a consulate on line 19.  May I ask from whom were you told to put N/A on line 19?

Thank you once again.

Guangzhou is the answer for K visas for China. End of discussion.