Amazed by UCIS

$525 follars for my wife and stepdaughter

$525 FOLLARS!!!! Dang that's steep!!! What's the exchange rate from follars to dollars? :blink: Anyway, my fee will be around $270.

I just now got off the phone with UCIS. I bypassed the phone flunky and went right to a supervisor. At first I was told theta the physical is good for one year. Then I asked why I was told a month ago I didn't need it by a UCIS phone flunky. No response. Then I asked why some are being forced to take the physical again even if they had it months ago and some are not???

She said that it is 100% up to the INS officer who reviewd the case and the one who you have your interview with. She said that they can demand a physical even if you had one yesterday and that they can wave it even if you have never had one.

So, my real question to her-'will I be driving 500 miles tommorrow just to get rejected' remains unaswered. She did say it is common for them to waiv the physical if it has become outdated because of a long UCIS wait-but then she said that the INS officer may not do that for me if he doesn't feel like.

Fence walking b!%$#

Guest blsqueaky

Gawd right now I am so glad that I am doing the IR-1. Everything taken care of there. I am now so glad that I did the K-3. The horror stories.

$525 follars for my wife and stepdaughter

$525 FOLLARS!!!! Dang that's steep!!! What's the exchange rate from follars to dollars? :blink: Anyway, my fee will be around $270.

I just now got off the phone with UCIS. I bypassed the phone flunky and went right to a supervisor. At first I was told theta the physical is good for one year. Then I asked why I was told a month ago I didn't need it by a UCIS phone flunky. No response. Then I asked why some are being forced to take the physical again even if they had it months ago and some are not???

She said that it is 100% up to the INS officer who reviewd the case and the one who you have your interview with. She said that they can demand a physical even if you had one yesterday and that they can wave it even if you have never had one.

So, my real question to her-'will I be driving 500 miles tommorrow just to get rejected' remains unaswered. She did say it is common for them to waiv the physical if it has become outdated because of a long UCIS wait-but then she said that the INS officer may not do that for me if he doesn't feel like.

Fence walking b!%$#

All I have to say is................WHAT A BUNCH OF DORKS!!!! Please excuse me for my regression to my junior high school days. :D

I'm in the process of organizing and double checking every thing I will need for tomorrows AOS interview.

Anybody heard anything from the Triggster? The last thing I heard was what sounded like a wet mop slap, followed by some choice words about not mentioning sheep during the interview.

Well, they didn't have a Triggionary but SylinChina's husband translated for both of us. 5 hours getting paperwork-and vacciantion suppliment etc together and all they asked for was 2004 taxes, passports, and anything to prove we live together. I gave them a void check that has both names on it. They asked wifey several questions like "do you intend to overthrow the government"-etc. They asked her why she wanted to marry me-Damned if she had an answer for that-not in any language.

Anyway, her green card will be here in 2 weeks. Wang Fang has to wait on the FBI check-the lady said they had just forgotten it but after she gets it they will mail her the greencard.

I asked the lady how long the two year green card is for :blink: . she said two years from today. I also asked about citizenship elligibility. She said three years from today.

I-693 and vaccination supplement were never asked for and I damned sure wasn't going to being it up!

There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train!!

I'm in the process of organizing and double checking every thing I will need for tomorrows AOS interview.

Anybody heard anything from the Triggster? The last thing I heard was what sounded like a wet mop slap, followed by some choice words about not mentioning sheep during the interview.

Wot mop slap??? Great description, indeed.

:rolleyes: :P