Congressman gets ignored by GZ

Guess things are getting pretty bad, my congressman's office sent a request for the status on Tuesday and has not received a response from GZ.

When we talked on Friday they were rather upset that GZ had not responded in a timely manner. I suggested they might make a call to Maura Harty to see if she could explain why they were getting a response slower than I normally get from their web site. :D

Who knows, maybe the someone will build a fire.

Last summer a friend got his Congressman's office involved when they had to cancel his So's interview because GUZ didn't send the P-4 and ignored multiple requests to resend. The Congresasman's office said the Consulate must respond to a Congressman's inquiry. Prior to GUZ they told him the longest it had ever taken was 6 weeks for a response and usually they hear back in two.

5 months later when GUZ rescheduled and sent the P-4, the Congressman had not received a reply.

His K-1 was submitted in Oct 2002, she was interviewed Dec 29, 2004. The interview was almost nonexistent even though her English is poor and they hadn't met by then for 3 years. I don't know if the fact that they had Congressional letters in the file helped. I suspect it made the final approval easier. However it appears GUZ resents other departments or branches of government getting involved. But anything that lifts the veil of secrecy from GUZ is beneficial. I would say if you are having trouble yell loud and strong and get anyone you can involved.

When I could not confirm that the P3 we sent back was actually received by the consulate, I did write to my congressman asking if they could look into the matter. They did recieve a response back from the consulate. So I would say it does not hurt to ask for extra help.

Here is the reply I recieved:

=================

Dear Ms. Clough:

We~{!/~}ve recently received Ms. (xxx)~{!/~}s packet and have placed her case in the interview queue. We estimate that she might interview in the October-November time frame. This estimate is based on our ability to handle a massive visa case backlog with unavoidable resource constraints. This estimate in no way constitutes a guarantee on our part. Approximately one month prior to the interview we will send a letter which will indicate the exact date and time of the visa appointment.

We have noted your interest in this case and wish to assure you and Congressman Bradley that (fiancee name) will receive every consideration due under United States visa and immigration laws.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consulate Guangzhou - Congressional Team

=================================

I take that the estimates they give as the worst case possible, since we are already seeing that interviews are being set only a few weeks after the P4s are being recieved. So I am hopeful we will not need to wait until Oct-Nov for our interview.

I personally feel that all the recent exposure they are recieving is having a positive effect. No one likes to have it known that they are not competent, or are running the slowest consulate in the world!

- WuLongTea

I'm not sure what your saying your issue is .. how you got notified or why the delay?

I noticed in your timeline comments about the DS-230.. is that what the issue is about?

THe form states at the top to use "N/A" ... NONE means something else. I have heard of someone getting into issues using the wrong term (N/A vs NONE), as stupid as that sounds... But can't believe this is going on...

I'm not sure what your saying your issue is .. how you got notified or why the delay?

I noticed in your timeline comments about the DS-230.. is that what the issue is about?

THe form states at the top to use "N/A" ... NONE means something else.  I have heard of someone getting into issues using the wrong term (N/A vs NONE), as stupid as that sounds... But can't believe this is going on...

you really don't understand bureacrate do you?

I have a friend in NOAA she has to have 15 people sign a form before she can process it and then have same 15 people resign it before passing it up to next ladder. said one report she did back when clinton was in office, Gore order a report and by the time it got to her it already had 200 names attach to it before she pass it up she was only 2 step away from the main guy of NOAA said there be at least 50 more names.

reason she said was to verified that everything is accurate and cover everyone butt, said it took 2 weeks to get a 2 page report to Gore that should have took 30 min.

that government

Robert

THe form states at the top to use "N/A" ... NONE means something else.     I have heard of someone getting into issues using the wrong term (N/A vs NONE), as stupid as that sounds...   But can't believe this is going on...

They stated that until they received the DS-230 or a letter/fax from me to clarify the issue they would not continue processing the application.

The issue is the response or meaningless response from GZ as to receiving a fax they requested.

Your point about N/A and NONE is well taken, wish consistency existed in these forms. Reading the question None is a valid answer, but I could have just as easily put N/A in that spot.

I can understand they get a considerable amount of fax's but after a few weeks it should be able to be acknowledged that it arrived instead of saying when they received/process my fax they will remove her child from the application.

Just got another "when they receive/process" response today.

Guess you could say I'm just getting cranky and need to head back to China for a while. :lol:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....f93bb859737068a

Feul for the fire. Maybe someone should tell us the truth. I would surely like to hear it.

On the other hand, actions speak louder than words.

I know the truth already.

The Government has an Office that is supose to keep all the other departments in check.

I think it is the General office of Accounting, GOA

I wrote to them a few time in my times of the Black Hole.

I dont know if this will help, but the more presure from all over cant hurt.

Maybe it has a lot to do with the clout of the individual congressman who makes the inquiry. The letter to wulongtea is the most responsive and polite thing I have ever seen posted here as a reply from GZ on these kinds of questions. They apparently were afraid to ignore whoever that congressman was.

Maybe it has a lot to do with the clout of the individual congressman who makes the inquiry.  The letter to wulongtea is the most responsive and polite thing I have ever seen posted here as a reply from GZ on these kinds of questions.  They apparently were afraid to ignore whoever that congressman was.

I caught that too.